Unimpressed Ian is unimpressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unimpressed Ian is unimpressed

So this morning I walk round the side of my house to where my drive way is and put my helmet and gloves on to get on my bike and drive to work only to stop in my tracks and notice by top box has been stolen overnight and the mounting bracket remains are on the floor next to my bike.

As it was only a cheap one I wasnt too fussed and I sat on my bike only to notice my handlebars are fairly mangled too, it seems someone has tried to steal the bike too and wasnt able to snap the steering lock with whatever object they decided to use to try and pry it but managed to bend and dent the handlebars a fair bit in the process

Now tonight I have the pleasure of spending a few hours with my dad trying to get it straight and aligned again or im looking at the best part of 150 for replacement handlebars (+ fitting)

Teddy's head is not only off, but was shot putted into the stratosphere!
    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Ouch... the worst thing with this sort of thing is that it's usually not worth trying to claim on insurance either, especially if you have any excess... might be worth seeing if the house insurance covers it though ?

Best of luck mate, hope it's not too badly mangled!
    --
    Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Deep breaths, son, deep breaths.....

I take it the F-wits that tried to nick your bike didn't notice the brake disc lock fitted to it?

Let's have a look at the handlebars tonight and I'll see what I can do. I may need to take them into work to get our Engineers to warm them up and straighten them, depending on how bad they are.

I'm more worried about the state of the locks to be honest, as the screwdriver is the weapon of choice and it makes a right old mess....
      Creator of the Retr0bright Wiki - www.retr0bright.wikispaces.com and Admin at www.amibay.com - the retro computer trading forum - and Bigian88's Dad.....

Comment

Originally posted by 633Squadron View Post
        Deep breaths, son, deep breaths.....

I take it the F-wits that tried to nick your bike didn't notice the brake disc lock fitted to it?

Let's have a look at the handlebars tonight and I'll see what I can do. I may need to take them into work to get our Engineers to warm them up and straighten them, depending on how bad they are.

I'm more worried about the state of the locks to be honest, as the screwdriver is the weapon of choice and it makes a right old mess....

The disc lock took a fair bit of damage from the last person who thought they would give it a go and it wouldnt lock after i took it off so im currently relying on the steering lock alone.
        Tbh even if they did steal it, its insured for a fair bit more than its worth imo but its the principal behind it that really boils my blood and the fact its more expense because people cant keep there hands to themselves!
        i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

You can buy cheap pattern bars for a fraction of the cost of genuine mate, the only problem is they don't come with the pre drilled cable holes and that can soon be sorted out.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Biggest problem I had last time some oiks tried this was the ignition barrel got mangled and all the wires ripped out.

Cost about 65 for a new one from a breakers but that was a fair few years ago.

Keep us posted mate.
            --
            Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

You can buy pattern locksets mate, genuine suzuki for example a bandit 600 circa 200-280 quid, patten about 80.00 and do the same job.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Ian, really sorry to hear about the bike... I hope they find the little !

Best of luck getting it fixed, hopefully not too much damage
                The banter bus has stopped rolling - 23/06/16

Comment

print a picture of yourself in a position ready to attack and then proceed to celetape it to the driveway ground, problem solved.
                  5GHZ!

we are one.

Comment

Originally posted by ZodiarK View Post
                    print a picture of yourself in a position ready to attack and then proceed to celetape it to the driveway ground, problem solved.

Would have to be printed on a canvas... either that or one of those cardboard cutouts!!! That would in fact be a great idea!
                    The banter bus has stopped rolling - 23/06/16

Comment

pics?
                      Thermaltake Element s - Q6600 @ 3.6ghz @ 1.48V - Corsair H50 - 6GB RAM - GTX260 192Core @ 729/1458/1224 - ATI 3450 - Biostar Tpower I45 - Corsair Force 60GB SSD - Samsung f3 500GB apps - Xigmatek 700W NRP-PC702 - 3x 17inch screens - windows 7 64bit

Comment

@ Ian

The usual way the scumbags try to break the steering lock is by sliding a length of something like scaffolding pole over the end of the bars for more leverage.

I've acquired something similar from our Engineering department and we stand a good chance of being able to straighten them out.
                        Creator of the Retr0bright Wiki - www.retr0bright.wikispaces.com and Admin at www.amibay.com - the retro computer trading forum - and Bigian88's Dad.....

Comment

The usual way mate is a right or left boot, ends up with a bent pinch bolt on the headstock, easy to sort out if you can get too it.

Comment

scumbags can't have nothing with em.

Comment

I was awake till 1am or so speaking to Dave and Marv on mumble and trying to get AOE online to work and I didnt hear anything when I was awake so it must have happened a little later - assuming when the pubs shut and the jobless chavs have nothing better to do as they dont have work in the morning!

Comment

Working...
                              X