Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is underage kid protected by laws in this case?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best bet you report it and then get as many people as you know in your local area ie next door ect, To report it as well as if more people kick up the fuss they will take a little bit more notice, with it being a bigger issue. But try and get as many as you know to complain and keep complaining only way top get things to happen.
    edit:/ just noticed its my 2001 post
    Last edited by mikeyuk3; 07-08-11, 21:54.

Comment

The age of "Criminal Responceblity" is 10, although in extreme cases this is ignored (Jamie Bulger).

However, getting the Police off of their fat backsides to do anything will not be easy; one of are older staff memebers dialled 999 and reported she was being threatened by a gang of teenage boys, a copper turned up 6 days later.
      Married!!! despite every complaint they made about my paperwork, they finally gave in and issued our Red Books. (UK Consulate )

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
        The age of "Criminal Responceblity" is 10, although in extreme cases this is ignored (Jamie Bulger).

However, getting the Police off of their fat backsides to do anything will not be easy; one of are older staff memebers dialled 999 and reported she was being threatened by a gang of teenage boys, a copper turned up 6 days later.
        I don't think it's the police more the system they use.
        The police have grades for their response times and it works like this.

Grade 1 - Get there within 10 minutes (robbery, child harm etc)
        Grade 2 - Get there within 15 minutes (Mugged, Drunken disorderly etc)
        Grade 3 - They arrange a time to meet you (Broken fence etc)
        Grade 4 - They don't deploy at all (resolution without argument)

Most likely she would have fit into Grade 3 and that's why it's taken so long. Threats are normally taken pretty seriously by the police but if the department is already too busy they will lower the priority of the threat for more serious problems such as in Grade 1 and 2.

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post

Oh the police...
          I was walking with my brother once around 2 am, been at a mates house, and the police stop us and start questioning us, and do a cross reference on our names, I was tempted to tell him that he isn't the law, he just enforces it.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Oh the police...
            I was walking with my brother once around 2 am, been at a mates house, and the police stop us and start questioning us, and do a cross reference on our names, I was tempted to tell him that he isn't the law, he just enforces it.
            If you or your brother matched a description of a person they're looking for then tbh they're doing their job well .

Btw if you get stopped & searched a lot you can file a complaint that your being unfairly targeted just show them the tickets

Comment

School holidays are a nightmare. Can't wait until they are over. Even the forum suffers!
              My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

I find Nursery music scares them off; well most of them, a few of the sadder ones start clapping their hands and joining in.
                Married!!! despite every complaint they made about my paperwork, they finally gave in and issued our Red Books. (UK Consulate )

Comment

Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post
                  Noooo just film it and inform the police.

youd get arrested for assault mate.

world is a crappy place atm.
                  if he does anything he'd get arrested for assault.
                  if he films it he'd get arrested for being a pedo...

kids know they can get away with anything pretty much... particularly if their parents are

most likely resolution will be a leaflet saying "sorry you've been a victim of crime... and would you like some counselling"
                  Last edited by Mr. Grapes; 08-08-11, 16:11.
                  Incoming: Ryzen 5 1600:: GA-AB350-Gaming 3:: <some other stuff>
                  Outgoing: BLACK 'n' BLUE: X3360:: P5Q-E::4GB Ballistix::2x6850::Zalman GS1000 Plus case

Comment

Originally posted by Snakedoc View Post
                    School holidays are a nightmare. Can't wait until they are over. Even the forum suffers!
                    I post this much anyway .
                    i7 950 @4GHz | 460 | 520 | 12Gb Mushkin RAM | H60 | Crucial M4 128gb | OCZ Onyx 240gb | Asus P6X58D-E | Asus Xonar D2X | R.A.T 9 Mouse | Corsair 1KW | LG BLu-ray Reader

Originally posted by Simon1987
                    I need to start spreading some reputation around just so I can +/- 0 you later.

Comment

I got attacked once and the police turned up in 10 minutes, was pretty good timing.

Go to the police mate and just tell them everything.
                      GamingOnLinux.com - The number 1 Linux gaming community

Comment

Working...
                      X