Glasgow and junk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasgow and junk

Will be moving to Glasgow in a few weeks so have to clear alll of the junk that I have in the house....its painful. Have found all my Alevel books from 8 years ago, toys when i was about 9 and lots of other rubbish. Also a lot of computer stuff... I'm filling bags for charity, but don't think the Cats Protection League will know what to do with a 300W power supply, numerous cables etc, so was going to offer them up on here before taking them over to the charity shops...after which it will probably be dumped. If anyone is interested, I can list all the computer stuff I have? Most of it is old, like a 10 year old computer, but I don't like the thought of it going in a skip to be recycled if someone can use it already.

Stuff includes a ten metre telephone lead extension, bogstandard pc speakers, audio jack cables, those cables to connect cameras etc to computers, USB to 3.5mm audio jack with software, a touchpad with software for a computer, a 250W (or possibly 300) Asus PSU, a really old PC. Probably more stuff as I clear out more. Should I just recycle them, or is there any use for them?

Thankeee!

one mans rubbish is another mans treasure and all that

i'm personally very interested in the PSU, need one for my parents rig. how much would you want for it?
    i7 2600K @ 4.5| Asrock Z68 Extreme4| 16GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix |AMD R9 290| 120GB SSD |Win7 64bit

Comment

Wasn't charging anything for the stuff, although you are more than welcome to make a donation to my moving fund If you are all the way in Portsmouth, will need to post it to you from London, you could just pay the postage costs. Don't know how much they usually are.

its this one: GPS-300AB C/D
      on this page: http://www.delta.com.tw/product/ps/s...?pcid=4&ptid=2

i thought it was ASUS as it has its sticker on it...but just says its ASUS green RoHS Compliant....
      Last edited by waba; 07-08-11, 19:35.

Comment

ahh thanks but im gonna have to pass, I need more sata power connections as its going to be their PC/my home server
        i7 2600K @ 4.5| Asrock Z68 Extreme4| 16GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix |AMD R9 290| 120GB SSD |Win7 64bit

Comment

Please be aware the OP asked for opinions on whether to recycle or sell said items, this thread will be removed if this turns into a sale thread as it does not comply with TP rules.
          i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

I seen the title and automatically assumed it was Glasgow is junk, I wonder why..........

Anyway I dont think i have any need of the stuff but nice of you to ask us all and good luck moving.

Comment

What I'd do is post up a give-away thread mate with pics of all the stuff and whoever posts they want it first, gets it .
              i7 950 @4GHz | 460 | 520 | 12Gb Mushkin RAM | H60 | Crucial M4 128gb | OCZ Onyx 240gb | Asus P6X58D-E | Asus Xonar D2X | R.A.T 9 Mouse | Corsair 1KW | LG BLu-ray Reader

Originally posted by Simon1987
              I need to start spreading some reputation around just so I can +/- 0 you later.

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewMcEwan View Post
                I seen the title and automatically assumed it was Glasgow is junk, I wonder why..........
                I thought it was about Heroin.

I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by Pullen View Post
                  What I'd do is post up a give-away thread mate with pics of all the stuff and whoever posts they want it first, gets it .
                  good idea, as i wasnt actually thinking of selling, just giving away...which was why i didnt put in the sales area. wasnt too sure if people wanted the stuff in the first place anyhow!

Comment

By the title i thought it was going to be a racist attack on Glaswegians.

Comment

There's always your local Freecycle to use.... great for getting rid of stuff Waba. And charities always need donations as you've already stated, check the shops you're donating to can resell electronic equipment (usually has to be certified by a sparky on-site) tho' otherwise it just goes in the bin.
                      Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5.AMD FX8150 @3.5Ghz. 8Gb Mushkin Redline, MSI 7950 TFIII BE, 120Gb Mushkin Chronos + 256Gb Crucial M4 + 2x2Tb F3 Spinpoint Eco-Greens + 1x 3Tb Seagate. Antec 900 Watt PSU . Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by waba View Post
                        good idea, as i wasnt actually thinking of selling, just giving away...which was why i didnt put in the sales area. wasnt too sure if people wanted the stuff in the first place anyhow!
                        Best place to post the list of items is in here

http://forums.aria.co.uk/showthread.php?t=47255
                        Removed my picture as I have now sold it all

Comment

yeah, just list everything in the free to a good home thread we already have
                          Incoming: Ryzen 5 1600:: GA-AB350-Gaming 3:: <some other stuff>
                          Outgoing: BLACK 'n' BLUE: X3360:: P5Q-E::4GB Ballistix::2x6850::Zalman GS1000 Plus case

Comment

thankee, never saw that thread. hate the thought of it going in a landfill, what with all the reusable parts.can sometimes worry that charities jjust throw a whole lot in the bin too if they think they cant sell it.

Comment

Working...
                            X