• Show
Clear All

• Banned from sounding Mancunian

This made me laugh

I hope this isn't introduced at Aria!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news...mancunian.html
    The banter bus has stopped rolling - 23/06/16

Alright ar kid, a fink its propa bad init sunshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

lol being from the south, I love Northern accents. Don't see what's wrong with speaking the native tongue so long as it's not extreme.

Comment

wasnt it them who fired a girl from a store because only having 1 arm wasnt keeping with their corporate image?
        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
        Plato

Comment

If it was Scouse or Geordie I could kind of agree with where they were going, but those phrases arent Mancunian, they are pleasantries used by the masses and general population so I suspect you might see this happen more across the country.

I personally dont mind if someone says "hiya" or "see ya" when im at the till, its still polite and has the same defining meaning as "hello" and "goodbye"
          i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

They are getting rid of people who are lazy in their manner of speaking. Good.

Comment

In my opinion, having staff in a store seem more relaxed and friendly sets a better atmosphere for the customer. Would rather be served by someone who swears constantly but knows their stuff than a chimp with a mental script
              Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
              Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

I'm now waiting for a comment from Joker about southern peasants...

Comment

Originally posted by Robin View Post
                  They are getting rid of people who are lazy in their manner of speaking. Good.
                  You know better than most (working at Aria HQ) that alot of people dont even speak the language, let alone speak it properly.

Much like Lorem-Ipsum, id rather have a local lass who knows her stuff than a false uptight clerk trying to force a "friendly" phrase and not be helpful atall.

Originally posted by WR1989UK View Post
                  I'm now waiting for a comment from Joker about southern peasants Fairies...

Fixed

Comment

Yerman dis rule been made by batti boys!

Comment

I'd rather be served by someone polite and knowledgeable, as long as the slang used is acceptable then I dont see what the problem is.

Comment

Originally posted by marsey99 View Post
                        wasnt it them who fired a girl from a store because only having 1 arm wasnt keeping with their corporate image?
                        Think that was Abercrombie & Fitch if I can remember rightly.

Comment

hiya

WTF

seeya

i thought they were talking about this place not that overpriced tat merchant behind the Arndale centre....

i5 2500K, Asus P8Z68-v/Gen3, Onboard gpu ,16gb Geil Black dragon, 250gb Samsung 850, 4.5tb storage, Asus Xonar D2 , Fractal R3, Dell U2312HM

Comment

Working...
                          X