Epic Fails at Work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Fails at Work

Decided to start this unusual thread based on a work-related Epic Fail of mine earlier today.

We're going to be taking over admin of a client's website and email hosting imminently, so I initiated transferral of the domain to our own servers last week, but forgot to check its name server settings...

End result: lots of downtime, rejected emails and an angry customer

Anyone else botched something up at work lately? I'd be glad to know I'm not the only one...

I dropped a right clanger a while back. I was on the counter covering someone who was sick and I was serving this guy in a wheelchair who was wanting a system.

We were talking about it for a while and I heard myself say 'You could walk out of here with a new PC'

There wasnt a hole deep enough for me to hide in

Comment

Originally posted by Robin View Post
      I dropped a right clanger a while back. I was on the counter covering someone who was sick and I was serving this guy in a wheelchair who was wanting a system.

We were talking about it for a while and I heard myself say 'You could walk out of here with a new PC'

Am I going to Hell for chuckling at that?
      i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Originally posted by Bigian88 View Post
        Am I going to Hell for chuckling at that?
        It was just something you say when trying to sell something... I was utterly mortified when it dawned on me.

Comment

Well your not going to say You could wheel out of here with a new PC' are you?.... but depends how you roll ... Babum !....its ok I'm in the corner already...
          posted by scrivz69
          I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
          i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Many moons ago, I used to manage an electrical dept for BCS. One day I was covering the counter and a blonde lady in a blue dress came to the desk to buy an Abba CD. Being in a rather flippant mood I said "Oh you are going to be the Dancing Queen tonight then!". All I got was a rather deep sounding grunt as a reply. When I looked up I noticed it was a man dressed as a woman. The rep from Electrolux just collapsed to the floor laughing, as did I after they went off.
            My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

It was just something you say when trying to sell something... I was utterly mortified when it dawned on me.

Did you correct yourself and say roll out of here
              Gigabyte Z77-UP7 : Intel Core i7 3770k @4.2ghz : 16GB Kingston Corsair Vengence 1800mhz : Mushkin 480GB Cronons + OCZ 120GB Vertex 2E SSD : 640GB WD : Corsair HX 850W : GTX Blackice 360 rad Rasa CPU block: Gigabyte R9 290: Coolermaster HAF X :Logitech G15 + G500

Comment

I've done something quite similar, I was serving a wheelchair user a couple weeks back, then made the mistake of saying "If you'd just like to take a seat over there"

another one, not really a fail in my case (has a knock on effect) someone within the company i work for has been caught for doing fraud, so now were all guilty until proven innocent, fair enough the company wants to protect its assets, but theres no need for the gestapo act
                i5-2500K@ (4.3GHz) - Z68X - NH-D14 - GTX 580 TwinFrozrII - BitFenix Shinobi - TX650 - 8GB RipJawZ 2133Mhz - lots of fans & a fan controller !

Comment

My best is trying to explain the idea of traps to Kirsty (Aria's PA + other roles).

Cheers Robin, that wasn't awkward.. AT ALL...
                  Your rights Read them and learn them.

Originally posted by cold fusion
                  That, or the government would just give the vote to people who don't deserve it like criminals, under 18s and women, just to try and encourage more people to vote for them.

Comment

This happens alot to me when dealing with a customers and calling them sir only to find out its a woman, you just would not believe how many butch woman fly through stansted airport.
                    Now if im not sure i just say good morning whats the problem.

Comment

I dropped a Doppler radar a few years back whilst trying to fit it. Resulted in it being scrapped due to exessive damage, not bad for 250k worth of radar...
                      Xbox Gamertag - F1REFOX, PSN & Steam - moogleys

Comment

I tried my luck as a door2door salesman :/

Comment

I dont work, does that mean I fail?

Comment

Bout 5 years ago when i still worked at Toyota 5 mins into my wednesday night shift car rolls of the production line with a little blemish in the paint on the bottom of the passenger door. Its parked outside of what we call paint hospital and i go over and take a look at it. Easy fix been done in 10 mins.

Get inside the car not paying attention that they had fitted sum low ankle height rails around the lifter it was parked next to and went to drive it into a paint bay big crunch and a OH

I get out and the drivers side rocker is all pushed in

Had one of the best metal repair guys from Japan working on it for 2 days and he couldnt fix it so it got scrapped.

Brand new car been off the production line bout 5 mins and i scrapped it.

Scrapped a fair few more panels in some shockers if people ask i will tell more lol
                            Gigabyte Z77-UP7 : Intel Core i7 3770k @4.2ghz : 16GB Kingston Corsair Vengence 1800mhz : Mushkin 480GB Cronons + OCZ 120GB Vertex 2E SSD : 640GB WD : Corsair HX 850W : GTX Blackice 360 rad Rasa CPU block: Gigabyte R9 290: Coolermaster HAF X :Logitech G15 + G500

Comment

Originally posted by Allsopp View Post
                              Bout 5 years ago when i still worked at Toyota 5 mins into my wednesday night shift car rolls of the production line with a little blemish in the paint on the bottom of the passenger door. Its parked outside of what we call paint hospital and i go over and take a look at it. Easy fix been done in 10 mins.

Get inside the car not paying attention that they had fitted sum low ankle height rails around the lifter it was parked next to and went to drive it into a paint bay big crunch and a OH

I get out and the drivers side rocker is all pushed in

Had one of the best metal repair guys from Japan working on it for 2 days and he couldnt fix it so it got scrapped.

Brand new car been off the production line bout 5 mins and i scrapped it.

Scrapped a fair few more panels in some shockers if people ask i will tell more lol
                              gotta be the quickest write-off in history
                              i5-2500K@ (4.3GHz) - Z68X - NH-D14 - GTX 580 TwinFrozrII - BitFenix Shinobi - TX650 - 8GB RipJawZ 2133Mhz - lots of fans & a fan controller !

Comment

Working...
                              X