Apply for a job. YES ME!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply for a job. YES ME!

6 weeks is going to fly by if I have fun so I want a job so it don't....
    Also want something after collage hours.

So I have a COOP ( Co-operative Supermarket) application form in front of me.

I am stuck at "position applied for"

First bit as well

What can I put there?

General assistant?

I worked at co-op during my 1st year in college, was far from a good experience...
    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

General assistant
      Sales assistant
      Checkout assistant

What job are you actually applying for?

Check out my latest Steam Workshop creations here

Comment

CEO, think big.

Comment

I am up for what every they have.

exuding toilet bowl licker.
          Last edited by Jackster; 24-07-11, 20:49.

Comment

Be prepared to be at the very bottom of the pecking order. You have to prove yourself before you get less crap tasks.

I personally had a brilliant time based in checkouts, but I know a lot of people don't like it - shelf stacking is a safe bet though I usually found it tedious (nothing against any shelf stackers out there ).
            Gaming :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, Gigabyte GTX1070, 16GB Crucial 2400MHz DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi R2, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, G900, G510s, 10 Pro x64
            Work :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD FirePro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64

Comment

I'd say 90% of us have been there... start low, make a good impression, don't complain unless you can and will do something about it

I've stacked shelves, done labouring on a building site, office furniture moving, pizza delivery... it all adds up, builds character, gives various experience that you wouldn't have thought would help - but it does

Good luck!
              --
              Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

I've applied for 4 jobs since I started JSA 2 weeks ago, haven't heard back from a single one. Prepare yourself for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Propane View Post
                  I've applied for 4 jobs since I started JSA 2 weeks ago, haven't heard back from a single one. Prepare yourself for that.
                  Only 4? job centre won't like that.

Comment

Going back down there tomorrow for another "job searching session", there really isn't alot going around here atm... unless your a manager, absolutely boat load of manager positions going.

This is only the 2nd time i've had to claim benefits in 8 years of working (the first time was only a month aswell), so whether they like it or not doesn't matter to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackster View Post
                      Also want something after collage hours.
                      Whatever you do, get the spelling right.

The idea of "collage hours" is vaguely amusing and is almost certainly a temporary lapse, unlike some of the incoherent drivel that wafts by here. I usually ignore most of it it is the only way to stay sane but this time your future depends on making the right impression.

It may be cruel, but if it makes you read the application carefully, that's all the better.

And tell them that you want to work in IT, because you know where to get good advice.
                      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
                      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
                      Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

If you have a CV as well you might want to staple that as well to the application form as that (hopefully) will make it look better.

If you need any help with your CV give me a shout.
                        I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK
                        Originally posted by Ninjacat
                        yes it was hard, fast and im covered in lube
                        Originally posted by Turbo Porridge
                        LOL- well... to be going for 2 hours that kids got Stamina! Watch out ladies!
                        Originally posted by Salad Soup
                        It's a bit worrying you want to see me in Lycra ....

Comment

I'd hope he has a CV

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            I'd hope he has a CV
                            Honestly no offense to you Jackster but but doubt he has a CV because most the people i know at 16 don't have a CV at all.
                            I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK
                            Originally posted by Ninjacat
                            yes it was hard, fast and im covered in lube
                            Originally posted by Turbo Porridge
                            LOL- well... to be going for 2 hours that kids got Stamina! Watch out ladies!
                            Originally posted by Salad Soup
                            It's a bit worrying you want to see me in Lycra ....

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Propane View Post
                              Is that all? You'll be on JSA for a long time at that rate.

I was on JSA for six months but actually searching for jobs for about 18 months. If you think there's nothing where yo uare (and there probably isn't) try moving up here. The charity I work for is an hour's drive away from me, on the other side of the county. I think you have to be prepared to travel a good distance in order to get a job in today's market. It's a good thing I drive...

Check out my latest Steam Workshop creations here

Comment

Working...
                              X