Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Books... What have you just read - reading now - going to read next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gears of War: Coalition's end

Brilliant book, up to chapter 12 at the moment. Really like how it swaps between present and past every few chapters.
    i5-2500k, 8GB , ASUS 560Ti, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3, 600W Corsair PSU.

Comment

My book thread here though it is a tad buried

Hadnt picked up a book since i finished the Dark Tower set back in February, too busy with work / kids, but i was given a cracking read for my birthday

'The Painted man' and its follow-up, 'The desert spear', only problem is its a trilogy and the third book doesnt come out till next year boooo

Currently reading the Percy Jackson - lightning thief set
      Running the London Marathon 2014 for MS-UK, need to raise £2000, please support my bid by texting LZAZ76 plus £ ?amount? to 70070 ! ... Or via https://www.justgiving.com/luke-zasikowski

Comment

Previously read the soldier boy series by Robin Hobb

*big gap*

Currently reading The Gatherine Storm, wheel of time series. This being one of the two after Robert Jordan died and passed it on to Brandon Sanderson.

Never been a huge fan of the wheel of time series, as they seem to take a good portion of the book just to get going but as I've read the other eleven I feel I NEED to finish the series.

Afterwards I'll probably look into what Robin Hobb's been doing since soldier boy.
        Last edited by Marv; 07-08-11, 15:15.

i7 4960X, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, Asus Sabertooth x79, Sapphire 290 4gb, Win10 pro 64.

Comment

I can honestly say i have never read a full book

sounds bad but i find reading annoying after a few pages

Comment

I've been reading A Feast For Crows but I've kind of given up on it for a bit. Not as good as the previous three.
            i7 2600k | MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr II

Comment

I dont tend to read all that much but I will be getting Inheritance when it comes out, probably need to pre-order it soon.

Other than that I finished reading The Amber Spyglass a couple of months ago and really enjoyed reading through His Dark Materials.

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewMcEwan View Post
                I dont tend to read all that much but I will be getting Inheritance when it comes out, probably need to pre-order it soon.

Other than that I finished reading The Amber Spyglass a couple of months ago and really enjoyed reading through His Dark Materials.
                Good books, although you probably wouldn't enjoy them if you had strong Christian beliefs, he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder about religion.

Currently reading 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo', Stieg Larsson, half way through and enjoying it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn View Post

Currently reading 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo', Stieg Larsson, half way through and enjoying it so far.
                  Incidentally, I heard an interview with the long term partner of Larsson's the other day (You know he's dead now?) She said some parts of that book were ideas of hers, not his and that the title of the book was something else but to his fury his publishers decided to title it 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' and he couldn't stop them...
                  New! ASUS P8Z-68 V-Pro, i5-2500k, Mushkin 120gb SSD, Samsung 1tb HDD, GTX 460 1gb, 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (4x4), Asus Xonar DG, Corsair H50, Win 7 Home 64.

Ladies! If a man says he'll fix something - he will. He doesn't need reminding about it every six months, OK?

Comment

Yeah I knew he was dead, in fact the books were published posthumously when they first came out in 2004 I believe. The swedes seem to do good crime fiction, the Wallander stuff is good too.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicEvie View Post
                      Incidentally, I heard an interview with the long term partner of Larsson's the other day (You know he's dead now?) She said some parts of that book were ideas of hers, not his and that the title of the book was something else but to his fury his publishers decided to title it 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' and he couldn't stop them...

original title in Swedish: Män som hatar kvinnor – "Men Who Hate Women"
                      posted by scrivz69
                      I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                      i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Working...
                      X