No announcement yet.

Forum activity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think nuking the entire site or even the forum might be a bit drastic there's lots of great stuff contained within these pages.

One of the reasons Aria keeps this forum alive is because of the traffic that it generates to it's main site through links to products and other site areas - regardless of how active the forum is.

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

I'll never forget the glory days of the Battlefield server. We filled a 32-player server daily for a good 9 months purely from community donations, held numerous giveaways and competitions, and of course fought the good fight against the CPC menace. ATID

Comment

They were good times...

Comment

I'm still checking in from time to time. Do miss the old days though!
          PC1: Q6600 - 4GB DDR2-800 - ATI HD4850 1GB
          PC2: X2 3800 - 1GB DDR-400 - ATI 9250 256mb
          HTPC: E6600 - 2GB DDR2-533 - ATI HD5450 512mb

Comment

Yeah I check in every couple of days too.

I reckon things would pick up a bit if the forum was fixed.. Not like it's peak, but still a good community.

Comment

Just logged in for the first time in a while and still somewhat slow to load which is what kept me away before.
              If there was some more posting and as stated the forums were fixed I may visit and post more often.
              "They're gonna find out
              I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
              But they're gonna find out
              And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

given the activity levels, i.e. almost 0 how can this be true??

got this 4 times this morning over a period of about 40 mins or so, before i could get a "Today's posts" list. Not that there was anything in the "Today's posts" list obviously!!
                FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
                "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

Originally posted by R1gg4 View Post

got this 4 times this morning over a period of about 40 mins or so, before i could get a "Today's posts" list. Not that there was anything in the "Today's posts" list obviously!!
                  Who knows... It needs fixing though.

Comment

unfortunately, the forum barely recovered from the previous issue, then the last problem just paved over everything. I log in most days to have a nose, but its hard to really want to engage with nothing ;D

Comment

Originally posted by R1gg4 View Post

I've seen that message so often that when the page just loaded I instinctively went to press ok on the screenshot.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                        One of the reasons Aria keeps this forum alive is because of the traffic that it generates to it's main site through links to products and other site areas - regardless of how active the forum is.
                        I question whether that is still the case because Google penalise slow performing sites as well as sites that don't update often. This forum definitely falls under both categories. Therefore links on this site wouldn't be given that much weight compared to links from other sites. I also think there are some rules about links from sub-domains having less weight that links from external sites.

SEO is a constantly moving target though so things might have changed significantly since when I last studied it (which was a couple of years ago now) but I'd still be surprised it this forum actually made a difference to Aria's page rankings.

Comment

You speak the truth in the most part (probably all of it, but I'm no expert so can't say yes or no ).

But even if it makes a small difference, a few hundred quid a year is worth it as, in the world of IT it's very competitive and every little helps (to quote a giant from another industry )

Comment

This post breaks me heart. So many fond memories, I find it hard to believe it's pretty much over. Seeing no announcements or comps or anything is sad. But I guess at least Aria is still thriving! Made an order tonight actually!

Comment

There's still a few of us around. To be honest, I think that the forum would pick up again with it's core users if it was fixed.

Comment

Yeah I must admit Iím struggling to use it in its current state. Is there anyway to fix it? Surely something can be done?

Comment

Working...
                                X