No announcement yet.

Forum activity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been a very long time since i was on these forums.

Comment

Been a while since I last visited. Jesus, it's a bit dead init

If anyone wants to stay in touch - hit me up on steam. Account name is Andrews1209, profile name Stevo, picture of drumsticks!
      GIGABYTE Z97MX-Gaming 5 Intel Z97 (1150 Socket) ATX Intel i5-4690 3.5GHz (Devil's Canyon) MSi TwinFrozr 970 8Gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz Corsair AX760i PSU

Comment

Yeah... The forum software update basically killed the forum.

Originally posted by coiler
        Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

You can say that again Aaron.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

I think I did originally. The forum timed out and created a double post..

Comment

Itís a shame. Been away a while myself but was hoping to get back into the forums
              Back up and running fully

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                Which is exactly what I said was going to happen back when you guys were dismissing me as a troll.

It's a shame, there were some nice people on here but the damage is now irreversible imo

Comment

Which is exactly what I said was going to happen back when you guys were dismissing me as a troll.

It's a shame, there were some nice people on here but the damage is now irreversible imo

Comment

I only clicked "post reply" once
                    I see the forum is just as broken as the day I left it.

Comment

The irony is strong in this thread...
                      Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

I think it's time to take it out back with a shotgun!!

It would be the decent thing to do!
                        FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
                        "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

Originally posted by cold fusion View Post

It wasn't just you, I made several posts about the "upgrade" but I guess it was just classed as general complaining and ignored, when really the forums were (are) almost completely unusable.

The forum was slowly losing activity, but that without any doubt killed it.

I kinda of agree with the "take a shotgun to it" post.

GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

For me, the forum was useable after the upgrade - I didn't experience any of the issues that a lot of other people did. And there was always the promise that it was going to be fixed, and never was, despite numerous offers from yourself/DT etc.

However, I do now most certainly get the same issues, and it's a shame that it killed it, both for us as forum users and Aria - as I've said before, although I still use Aria, the lack of forum has certainly cost them a few orders from me due to them not being on my radar quite as much.

Comment

For me, the forum was useable after the upgrade - I didn't experience any of the issues that a lot of other people did. And there was always the promise that it was going to be fixed, and never was, despite numerous offers from yourself/DT etc.

However, I do now most certainly get the same issues, and it's a shame that it killed it, both for us as forum users and Aria - as I've said before, although I still use Aria, the lack of forum has certainly cost them a few orders from me due to them not being on my radar quite as much.
                              My offer was genuine however you guys never took me up on it. I cannot fix something I do not have access to.

I'm not surprised DT couldn't fix it though. I've made my opinion of him quite clear in the past and the few minor tweaks he did was following my suggestions anyway.

Sadly I don't think the forum is worth the time investment in getting it working properly any more. The damage has been done and I can't see how it's reversible without Aria putting the forum at the core of it's social marketing. Clearly they're not interested in doing that otherwise they'd have invested time into the forum before now; but I can't blame them either as it wouldn't make business sense to invest time in 90s style forums given FB et al has more reach. Sadly for me, between work, family (which has grown since I was last active), and the volunteering I now do at the weekend too, I don't really have much time left to give away for free.

From a business perspective, I'm amazed Aria still keep paying for the hosting costs. I honestly think it's time they turned the proverbial lights off and tidied their online estate because this forum gives a Aria a bad image when it's left in this current state. Even for the few that still find it "usable", "usable" simply isn't good enough given that studies have proven how quickly customers will get turned away from a site if response times aren't in the sub-second spectrum. This forum breaks nearly every lesson that the last decade of research and analytics have taught us about e-commerce so it would be in Aria's best interests to take the aforementioned shotgun approach.

Comment

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.
                                GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

Working...
                                X