No announcement yet.

Forum activity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alas social media affect aka facebook, wonders what internet will look like in late 2020's

interesting topics?

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Ok - so there are a lot of people who check in.

Other than the forum performance, what would make people start posting again?
      Hey mate, personally didnt come on so much since the forum upgrade.

The people here are the old school guys, new people use facebook and twitter rubbish so I think its a good idea to cater to the people that use the forum.
      www.Scott-H.co.uk
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Ok - so there are a lot of people who check in.

Other than the forum performance, what would make people start posting again?
        i'm not sure there is anything other than the performance, it's very frustrating doing anything, listing new threads takes an age, trying to create a new post is again very frustrating, and when you get "The server is too busy" message when it clearly isn't i think most just give up without replying or starting a new thread. R.

EDIT: as an example... just posting this reply... took 2 server too busy messages before i got the new posts list, then all of a sudden it all worked quickly and i viewed the last post in the MB thread and last post in this really quickly. Also then went back 1 page in this thread really quickly. go figure?!?

then hit quote to quote you and typed my reply, hit post than waited.. and waited.. and waited.. took literally 3.5 mins to post the reply.

Most come on here with 5 mins or so to spare, when the forum was working quickly it was quite easy to catchup on new posts, make a few replies, and even start a new thread in that time. Now i'm lucky if i get to even view the new posts, let alone reply to anything in the same 5 mins.

FURTHER EDIT: then strangely hitting save on the edit was instantaneous. It's all very frustrating.
        Last edited by R1gg4; 30-06-18, 08:09.
        FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
        "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

This is largely my position too. The forum was my reason for Aria being my go to supplier, both for work and for personal purchases. I've spent literally tens of thousands over the last 5 or 6 years, but now I shop around far more than ever before.
          For me it was that Aria's prices have aways been pretty good and customer service has always been pretty appalling. With the forums alive and staff posting I could at least speak to someone to actually get stuff sorted. Not really an option any more.

It's been bad. I bought something from the orange place a while back. God help me.

Comment

I haven't been online for around 10 days due to moving house and not having the internet installed yet. only 3 threads had updated posts in that time
            i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

I haven't been online for around 10 days due to moving house and not having the internet installed yet. only 3 threads had updated posts in that time
              i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Can't remember the last time I actually visited a forum and was active on it, rather than a fleeting visit
                I see most becoming less active and because of that I loose the desire to post when no one else is.

The only forum I know that seems to be somewhat active is a retro/obscure gaming forum I was once active on.
                For me it feels like it more active as there is a lot of niche stuff like obsucre, rare, dev..etc video game content you're not likely to find elsewhere.

Aria is the forum I was/am most active on with 2,564 posts due in part to my good experiences with help early on, then the customer service experience when I started to buy from Aria..
                The races in F1 2012 were fun, that minecraft sever we had was also good as was that one time I remember playing L4D 2 with a few from here.
                "They're gonna find out
                I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
                But they're gonna find out
                And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

I'd totally be up for some more F1/L4D2 sessions at some point! They were great

Originally posted by coiler
                  Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

there are only 3 boards that are still active enough that I still use them daily.
                    and one of them is a gambling forum, so thereís not so much chit chat going on tbh
                    I still stop by here every now & again, but there ainít a whole lot going on...

Comment

I reckon the last time we all played F1 together was the last time I actually gamed on my PC tbh
                      bit sad that really

Comment

I'd be up for some L4D2 runs...
                        Why did the chicken cross the road?
                        To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

I think the forums started to stagnate when RawZ left to be honest. Never really saw much activity in terms of deals etc compared to when he was here. I guess it doesn't really make much difference as long as sales are good anyway, who knows.
                          i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz MSI Z77 MPower G.Skill Trident 8GB 2400C10
                          MSI GTX 970 4GB Gaming Edition @ 1542/7516 Corsair HX 750 PSU
                          Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Creative ZxR Thermalright Silver Arrow
                          NEC 24WMGX3 24" TFT Cooler Master HAF X

Comment

Originally posted by Nelly View Post
                            I think the forums started to stagnate when RawZ left to be honest. Never really saw much activity in terms of deals etc compared to when he was here. I guess it doesn't really make much difference as long as sales are good anyway, who knows.
                            OR
                            it could be to do with the fact that even with 100mb fibre, this post took 55 bloody seconds to open
                            I timed it..

Comment

I think a lot of the forum changes didnt help unfortunately, forced me to change my pword, many timeouts/slowdowns.

The annoying thing is, forums are far more useful than social media. Sure, you may get direct support faster, however, Forums are far more useful for specific problems that sellers/manufacturers will never touch on.

Comment

Concur to all of that.

Originally posted by coiler
                                Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Working...
                                X