X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waba
    replied
    Originally posted by nickc View Post
    Yeah I must admit Iím struggling to use it in its current state. Is there anyway to fix it? Surely something can be done?
    I've come back to here after a long break, sad to see it is so empty. But really struggling to load any of the pages or see if there are new posts, I can see why people have got frustrated

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Yeah there have been acknowledgement by Aria that it's pretty broken and there were offers of help from the technically able people who (used to) use this forum, but no body ever took them up on their offers, sadly.

Leave a comment:

• nickc
    replied
    Yeah I must admit Iím struggling to use it in its current state. Is there anyway to fix it? Surely something can be done?

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    There's still a few of us around. To be honest, I think that the forum would pick up again with it's core users if it was fixed.

Leave a comment:

• nickc
    replied
    This post breaks me heart. So many fond memories, I find it hard to believe it's pretty much over. Seeing no announcements or comps or anything is sad. But I guess at least Aria is still thriving! Made an order tonight actually!

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    You speak the truth in the most part (probably all of it, but I'm no expert so can't say yes or no ).

But even if it makes a small difference, a few hundred quid a year is worth it as, in the world of IT it's very competitive and every little helps (to quote a giant from another industry )

Leave a comment:

• cold fusion
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    One of the reasons Aria keeps this forum alive is because of the traffic that it generates to it's main site through links to products and other site areas - regardless of how active the forum is.
    I question whether that is still the case because Google penalise slow performing sites as well as sites that don't update often. This forum definitely falls under both categories. Therefore links on this site wouldn't be given that much weight compared to links from other sites. I also think there are some rules about links from sub-domains having less weight that links from external sites.

SEO is a constantly moving target though so things might have changed significantly since when I last studied it (which was a couple of years ago now) but I'd still be surprised it this forum actually made a difference to Aria's page rankings.

Leave a comment:

• Mokey
    replied
    Originally posted by R1gg4 View Post
    given the activity levels, i.e. almost 0 how can this be true??

got this 4 times this morning over a period of about 40 mins or so, before i could get a "Today's posts" list. Not that there was anything in the "Today's posts" list obviously!!
    I've seen that message so often that when the page just loaded I instinctively went to press ok on the screenshot.

Leave a comment:

• I3R0K3N7FEET
    replied
    unfortunately, the forum barely recovered from the previous issue, then the last problem just paved over everything. I log in most days to have a nose, but its hard to really want to engage with nothing ;D

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Originally posted by R1gg4 View Post

got this 4 times this morning over a period of about 40 mins or so, before i could get a "Today's posts" list. Not that there was anything in the "Today's posts" list obviously!!
    Who knows... It needs fixing though.

Leave a comment:

• R1gg4
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darklighthim
    replied
    Just logged in for the first time in a while and still somewhat slow to load which is what kept me away before.
    If there was some more posting and as stated the forums were fixed I may visit and post more often.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Yeah I check in every couple of days too.

I reckon things would pick up a bit if the forum was fixed.. Not like it's peak, but still a good community.

Leave a comment:

• Umar
    replied
    I'm still checking in from time to time. Do miss the old days though!

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    They were good times...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X