No announcement yet.

Forum activity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't really been active on here for some years now, but FWIW I stopped coming on here as it seems to take forever to load a single page, if it loads at all. I imagine I'm not the only one.
    Dell Vostro 3560 | Intel Core i5-3380M | 8GB RAM | HD4000 graphics | Sandisk SSDPlus 120GB | Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by R1gg4 View Post
      These forums were a big part of my decision to initially shop with Aria. Since then there has been many times when even though they weren't the cheapest, I purchased from them, as I had a relationship with people on here and I felt that continuing to shop with Aria was showing some sort of loyalty. I hadn't purchased computer parts from anywhere else if I could get them from here.

However since the company clearly do not care about the non-facebook generation I have started looking around again and recently purchased 4 new machines for a client from another supplier, and I will look around at other shops from now on, and who knows if I find another shop with a good community / forum I will show them some loyalty.
      This is largely my position too. The forum was my reason for Aria being my go to supplier, both for work and for personal purchases. I've spent literally tens of thousands over the last 5 or 6 years, but now I shop around far more than ever before.

Originally posted by coiler
      Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post

This is largely my position too. The forum was my reason for Aria being my go to supplier, both for work and for personal purchases. I've spent literally tens of thousands over the last 5 or 6 years, but now I shop around far more than ever before.
        Sad isn't it?
        TBH I've not bought anything for a while, but I no longer feel this shop is a "mate" of mine and would happily shop elsewhere. Previously, I wouldn't have dreamed of it.
        the trails is where life flows best
        Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

This for me, I've just bought a new cooler, and case from the big river, previously I'd have bought from here despite it being a few quid more. I actually feel quite sad about it, but Ive just felt Aria has pushed away its forum users, but Facebook just isnt designed for the type of experience I want, I came here for the structure forums provide to subjects/conversations; Facebook doesnt care, its just a heres what was posted recently.

Oh well. I'll keep popping in, but its an afterthought now, rather than a routine.

Comment

It's definitely a shame.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

wish ‘social media’ would f*** off and die tbh

Comment

Yea definitely, I used to be Aria loyal but not any more.

I'd be interested to see what the cost of running these forums is Vs loss of sales from loyal members/general sales generated through forums, of course that latter could only be guess work.

GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

I think actually, because of the 'free forum delivery', the majority of accounts with that perk makes a loss...

Comment

I think actually, because of the 'free forum delivery', the majority of accounts with that perk makes a loss...
                    So Aria don't make any money on the things they sell only on the delivery costs?... hmmmm..
                    FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
                    "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

No, they make around 1-3% on most things..

Delivery is charged at ~£7 per order. They will be charged less than that by DPD for a lot of orders, but will be charged more than that for some as well, so lets say it works out that they break even over the course of the year, for the sake of simplicity

Lets also assume that they make an average profit of 2% per item - which means that to make £7 profit (to cover the free delivery), each order has to be a minimum of £350, every time.

Obviously there will be exceptions to this rule, and delivery charges may often be less, but thats just an illustration of how tight the numbers are in the IT retail business.

And that doesn't take in to account the extra costs of people returning items under what were the Distance Selling Regulations, which Aria have to refund both the full cost of the item, the outward postage and then have to sell it as an open box item at a loss.. etc etc etc...

Comment

If i'd have know that not shopping with Aria, and saving myself some money, would also have saved Aria some money then I would have shopped elsewhere a long time ago.

I suppose now I know that Aria lose money everytime I shop with them I can feel good about shopping elsewhere.
                        FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
                        "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

the lack of a World Cup thread is somewhat telling to say the least...
                          (not to mention a full 30 secs to open this thread )

Comment

Originally posted by niceguyrichy View Post
                            the lack of a World Cup thread is somewhat telling to say the least...
                            (not to mention a full 30 secs to open this thread )
                            If you want a World Cup thread, feel free to make one.

Maybe everyone just came in, saw there' wasn't one and then thought meh. You just did the same, but decided to post about it too

Comment

The other option is that genuinely no one cares about the world cup, which would also explain the higher forum activity over the last couple days

Comment

The other option is that genuinely no one cares about the world cup, which would also explain the higher forum activity over the last couple days
                                That's certainly the case with me, I have no interest in football any time of year. Summer is for mountain biking and kart racing, football can get lost.
                                Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X