Forum activity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum activity

So been away for a little bit, return and the forum seems even more dead, it no longer seems to appear on tapatalk, I guess it was good while it lasted, such a shame

Its been quiet for a while as I believe a lot of focus has been pushed onto social media platforms where the customer reach is far more outreaching than the community forum.

The forum had an upgrade a few months back and some features were disabled as they were incompatible with the new version or had carried security risks that meant they were unsafe to use.
    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Every forum I know, bar some of the super super large ones, has died. The large ones are drastically down in posts too.

Facebook/****/Insta generation.
      Originally posted by Aaron
      I want those sweet cherries

Comment

*cough* Reddit could be considered a forum style site
        Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
        Forum Guidelines here

Comment

All forums are down, Very little activity these days. However the fact that it took me 2 minutes and 3 tries to open this thread doesn't help either.

Originally posted by Aria
          On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

yep, forms just break too much for casual users to bother these days

Comment

I prefer this to the more "popular" social media.
              For a start the vast majority of people on here have similar interests.
              On facebook and the like I have to see pictures of people with babies. Oh the horror.
              Originally posted by coiler
              the trails is where life flows best
              Originally posted by coiler
              Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

I recall we discussed "babybook" on one of our bike rides Cru
                Originally posted by Aaron
                I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Hello.

Long time no post, so i randomly checked these fourms and saw this thread.

Firstly the whole forums are not used these days is just rubbish, go check on one one of arias main competitors forums and there is a new post like every 30 seconds.

Second - I got stuck in a password expired/forgot old password loop which has literally taken me several attempts over several months to try and sort out, I guarantee that is what is killing about 95% of your occasional users.

Thirdly - on top of the above, since that "upgrade" the forums have been completely useless in terms of stability and performance.

It's clear thst Aria doesn't seem to give a **** about these forums anymore. It was good while it lasted.

​​​​​​Best of luck to all of you guys and thanks for all of the advice over the years.
                  GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

I'm still here lol, well sometimes.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

These forums were a big part of my decision to initially shop with Aria. Since then there has been many times when even though they weren't the cheapest, I purchased from them, as I had a relationship with people on here and I felt that continuing to shop with Aria was showing some sort of loyalty. I hadn't purchased computer parts from anywhere else if I could get them from here.

However since the company clearly do not care about the non-facebook generation I have started looking around again and recently purchased 4 new machines for a client from another supplier, and I will look around at other shops from now on, and who knows if I find another shop with a good community / forum I will show them some loyalty.

As already stated by others, it was good while it lasted.

Without the resources for it to continue, I think it's time to take the forum out back and put it out of it's misery.

R.
                      FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
                      "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

Trouble is social media is great for 'them' talking to 'us', but it's not a suitable platform for us to talk amongst ourselves.

Forums in general are dead, community Facebook pages and Reddit are where it's all gone.

But the reality is once people leave the confines of the Aria website/forum (or any company website/forum for that matter), there are huge numbers of suitable places for them to talk and ask questions etc like Facebook pages or subreddits which are non-company specific, so you'll never get those users back once they're released into the wild and realise how much more active the wider internet is!
                        Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

Thanks to how the latest version of the software has performed post-upgrade, I've migrated my first forum home to another forum software. Without the financial support (which in turn power the hardware and software support) it has really affected users.

^^^start shameless plug^^^

https://forums.teamphoenixrising.net/

Drop on over - hardware supplier agnostic userbase that many moons ago originally spawned from a user breakaway from a competitors forum. I put in time to here and not to the TPR site and users activity also dropped off as priorities of age change and other platforms came and went. It was so low to the point of killing it and the years of history, but couldn't bring myself to do it - so my son when home from Uni did the research and migrated the site. So I do ask you might have to be patient as I get used to the new software! I've also raised the Discourse forum offering in the Mods room here, but the tech team simply put are concentrating on other projects.

^^^end shameless plug^^^

DT.

Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                          Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Is that the team phoenix rising i contribute to through World Community Grid using boinc?
                            Last edited by R1gg4; 26-04-18, 17:08.
                            FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
                            "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

A lot of the forums I used to use are ghost towns now. This one seems in good condition. I've noticed a decline in forum use in gaming communities, discord is much more popular and accessible. In other cases, a facebook group is a free, convenient alternative for many people. (e.g. Freecycle, for sale groups etc..).

I used to be part of a gaming clan that forced forum participation, but lots of members hated it. Maybe forums need to modernise? More engaging front page/UI, easier signup (sign it with fb, google etc...)

Comment

Working...
                              X