Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows Live Movie Maker, ruining youtube quality?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Live Movie Maker, ruining youtube quality?

Anyone used Windows Live Movie maker for editing then uploading to youtube? I've tried Sony Vegas, but still go back to WLMM, as i'm used to it and find it much quicker to splice down tons of gopro footage and put together a vid. Vegas is probably better for more complex edits but too faffy for my liking.

I render the vid in highest quality 1080, with max bitrate, and once its on youtube it looks terrible! Wondering if its my GoPro @ 1080/30fps, or WLMM ruining the compression somehow. I've tried saving as Windows Media Player file, and MKV.
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

File, Options, advanced, untick both boxes.... restart....boom headshot!

(apparently it reduces input quality to allow quicker editing or some such excuse )
    posted by scrivz69
    I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
    i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

would that just fix the editing preview quality though, or would it change the end output too?

Comment

LERN VEGUS NAO

It's what I use to edit videos and its super easy to pick up.
        i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

I've learnt it and can use it, but for my quick MTB videos, WLMM is just so much faster lol

Comment

Or try BlackMagic DaVinci Resolve.

Amazing bit of software. You'll never need to pay for video editing software again.

Originally posted by coiler
            Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

I still use virtualdub for most things editing related...
              Why did the chicken cross the road?
              To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

Originally posted by coiler View Post
                would that just fix the editing preview quality though, or would it change the end output too?
                From what I have read it affects the output too....only one way to find out....
                posted by scrivz69
                I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/...avinciresolve/

Comment

so the app if I recall has options for exporting, and it's an old app

Export from WMM in the highest quality and then let YouTube do the scaling thingymajob. The "preset" for exporting to a YouTube video may be based on what the standard was when WMM was released.
                    Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                    Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Working...
                    X