• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new TV...

Hello you lot, long time no see.

I am after a new TV, my requirements aren't huge. But here goes -

- Budget is 800 max
    - Proper 4k Ready (seen some that aren't really 4k)
    - Smart TV
    - 49-50" max

Bar that, needs to have a relatively good viewing angle, at least 3 HDMI ports. Any help is appreciated.

Sony KD49XE8004BU 49" Freeview HD and YouView HD Smart 4K Ultra HD with HDR TV, found that for around 649 ticks all the boxes, plus it's android tv with 4 HDMI ports.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Very much a personal preference, would highly recommend a trip to Richer Sounds or someone of that format, where they will setup the TV for you in a controlled room rather than a showroom floor. If you do go look in a retailer, ask for the remote and turn off the demo mode - which in most cases will turn down the silly hi-contrast and 100% backlight setting, at the lower light of the screen and the intense light of the environment you are in - any form of issue with the panel in terms of bleed is really obvious. I still get upset with the sound systems on the new tvs, factor in the cost of a sound solution. Personally due to my height I went with a HT-XT1 which doubles up as it raises the TV on the stand to a nice height as well as providing a much better sound than my Sony TV. I've been tempted with the HT-XT2, as that would also work with the Bluetooth portable speakers I have and use them as rear surrounds. Went for a different toy though and got a Rift

You may have guessed, on TV & audio systems I am a bit of a Sony fanboy, but then this is the longest lasting flat panel TV I've owned. It's now so old that a very large proportion of the smart TV features are now all dead - thank you Chromecast for fixing that

DT.
      Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
      Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Samsung MU6400 49" Smart UHD TV

Just found this.... may be of use in deciding

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/be...t=budget-4k-tv

Last edited by joker3327; 3 days ago.
        posted by scrivz69
        I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
        i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Working...
        X