Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volcanic Vindaloo?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....hilli-13744411

Might have to try this. Somehow I don't think it's going to compete with my home made curries using carolina reapers, but you never know... I might be surprised...
    Why did the chicken cross the road?
    To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Heard about this on the radio this morn, had a Jalfrezi from morrisons on Monday night, and it was the hottest Jalfrezi I ever did taste, so think i'll be giving the Volcanic Vindaloo a miss!
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Went to Morrisons... No Vindaloo in stock...

Comment

Got to try one of these today... Holy balls... I'm actually impressed with the heat. Flavour's not bad but nothing amazing, like they just blended a load of naga chillies with tomato and garlic. Then threw a load of random chillies on top. It's actually made me sweat. Pretty sure I can feel some earwax melting as well...

Not as good as one of my carolina reaper curries, but damn hot for a shop bought curry. Variety of chillis as well, some are quite sweet and fruity. They lull you into a false sense of security, then you get a whole naga and... BOOM!

Comment

Seen it many times on curry shelf, but last time I had a vindaloo couldn't finish and had to get an icecream desert to sort me out
          Originally posted by Aaron
          I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Yeah... Probably best to avoid if you don't cook with super hot chilli varieties

Comment

I used to love hot food and could eat very hot curri or chilli burgers. I'm not sure if it is because I have stopped smoking and can taste food more now but I really don't like overly hot food. I find it almost painful to eat. I accidentally bought a kebab a few weeks back with chilli sauce and it was just nasty. At my age, I should probably stick to stewed prunes lol
              My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

I don't get the point of food that hurts to eat. Give me a nice balti or buhna, any day!
                Corsair 600T | Asus Sabertooth Z77 ATX | Intel i5-3570k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance LP Black 16GB | EVGA GTX670 2GB | Mushkin Chronos 240GB

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisGlobe View Post
                  I don't get the point of food that hurts to eat. Give me a nice balti or buhna, any day!
                  It's not the eating that hurts.

It's the next day.

Originally posted by coiler
                  Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post

It's not the eating that hurts.

It's the next day.
                    I'd say both. The whole experience is pretty much torture, from burning mouth and sweats to stomach pains and then ring sting. It is almost like a tropical disease.
                    My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

So much for trying to eat healthier... all this talk of Curry I had to make one over the weekend!!!

FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
                      "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

You can make a tasty low fat curry.
                        Rub your meat with a load of your favorite herbs and spices, cover it and pop it in the fridge for a few hours (or even overnight). Blend a load of fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppers, celery and other fruit and veg to make the base for your sauce, add chilli and spices to suit the flavour you want... Flash fry the meat in a little melted ghee (or coconut/olive oil, whatever's to hand), once it's browned pour the sauce over and let it simmer gently for an hour or so, stirring occasionally...

Dammit. Now I want curry again...
                        Last edited by FunkY; 11-12-17, 15:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Knight View Post

I'd say both. The whole experience is pretty much torture, from burning mouth and sweats to stomach pains and then ring sting. It is almost like a tropical disease.
                          Same for me, I hate stupidly hot stuff. I don't mind a bit of spice but if i have to take a drink to wash it down then its too hot!

Originally posted by Aria
                          On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

Working...
                          X