Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passwords

OK just tried logging in....

Your password is 1 days old, and has therefore expired.

Please change your password using this page.

I have to say I am getting more inclined to not bother and move on...
    posted by scrivz69
    I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
    i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

You are not alone. I expect this is just a small glitch and will be sorted soon.
    My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

I got the same thing.

Andy mentioned yesterday in Announcements that he would be resetting everyones passwords, although I thought mine was done, when I was greeted with this message, yesterday:

Your password is 29 days old, and has therefore expired.

Given that the forum is pretty sluggish, and not set up properly yet, and given the nature of the downtime a few weeks ago, it might have been nice to customise that Password reset message, so that people knew what was going on. It's a bit random just to have a new message asking to change your password, and I was a bit wary considering the forum was down recently due to malicious code. Wouldn't have taken much to explain it.
      Originally posted by coiler
      He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
      Originally posted by BigIan88
      turn off that sexy nonsense
      Originally posted by Salad Soup
      turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Its all for our safety so I have no complaints
        i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

It's just some what of annoyance having to change password everyday now.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Andys going to fix
            Originally posted by Aaron
            I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Just a little update from DT:

unfortunately it's the only was to "force" password resets - first day you set max-age to 1day, 2nd day you need to then set it to 2, then 3 etc etc

if you are "late" changing the setting, then a password reset will be asked of the usergroups

Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Forced Password Reset - Aria Forums - UK's #1 Performance Hardware Community
                Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
                Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
                Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                  Just a little update from DT:
                  unfortunately it's the only was to "force" password resets - first day you set max-age to 1day, 2nd day you need to then set it to 2, then 3 etc etc

if you are "late" changing the setting, then a password reset will be asked of the usergroups
                  Surely that cannot be vb5's default method? That's an amazingly dumb approach for a problem that's was already better solved decades ago. Between this, the performance issues and DT's inability to do basic upgrades, I say we just cut our losses with this forum and start afresh on something that doesn't feel like it was written by college dropouts.

Comment

DT doesn't work for Aria and helps on a volunteer basis, he isn't responsible for the forum as such. That falls under AndyN's remit and he's tied up with other projects at the moment. Its inconvenient at times but it'll be fixed sooner or later.
                    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Originally posted by BigIan88 View Post
                      DT doesn't work for Aria and helps on a volunteer basis, he isn't responsible for the forum as such. That falls under AndyN's remit and he's tied up with other projects at the moment. Its inconvenient at times but it'll be fixed sooner or later.
                      I know DT doesn't work for Aria but that doesn't mean he's doing the forum any favours with how poor his support has been. He likes to talk the talk but is super quick to delete any posts from anyone who disagrees with him - which is often in my case as I often call him on his BS. But yeah, lets just let this forum die while we wait for some script kiddy to eventually get round to fixing the cockup he caused while upgrading the forum to begin with. It took me 5 minutes to post 1 message this morning and that was my first attempt to browse the forum in weeks. Frankly I don't think I can be bothered with this place any more and given how quiet it has been and the amount of complaints I've seen I know I'm the only one who's close to giving up or who have already given up entirely.

So what do we do? Wait for DT to finally get his **** into gear? I think this is beyond his abilities anyway

Comment

I believe the performance issues is down to the server itself or at least the build thats put on to what appears to be an outdated server. I can appreciate that you feel like this is down to DT but I've been advised many times in the mod section, on the mods FB group and from chatting to the rest of the guys, that this is down to Andy N and his time to fix the issues and work on the forum is a little limited at the moment.

I share you frustration when the forum doesnt work from time to time but I also appreciate that its probably not that high on Andy's to-do list given that a lot of focus is on social media and message boards like this are somewhat a dying format.

Comment

I don't think it's down to DT. I just think he's been useless at resolving the issue and think if we leave things much longer then it will be too late (which is why I'm being as outspoken about this as I am today). I get he's a volunteer but every time I've offer to help him he's been too proud to accept it and every time he gives some detail about the problems it smells fishy. eg I find it hard to believe the performance is down to outdated server. That seems like an awfully convenient excuse when the old version of the forum managed just fine and the issues being experienced are as intermittent as they are.

If things are really as bad as he makes out and the forum really does run that heavy and cannot be fixed to perform like any normal PHP product then now is the time to make a clean break. If we keep inching forwards as the pace we are then there wont be a community left by the time the site is fixed.

Comment

I think you've gone a bit far here, I have to say, and actually pretty rude.

Not cool.

Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

If we are completely honest I'm being no more blunt than the stuff he's said about me. And the evidence speaks for itself.eg how long it's taking and the fact that I've had to spoon feed him the few fixes he has put in place (which I never once got a thanks from him either. But whatevers).

like I said, I've offered to help. I'd rather there wasn't animosity between us but he's BSed me far to often and gotten far to rude to me in the past whenever ive dared offer a constructive counterargument. Even going as far as deleting my post just to make his own look better. So it's fair to say I simply don't trust the guy any more.
                              ​​​
                              Last edited by cold fusion; 05-09-17, 19:27.

Comment

Working...
                              X