Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothing collection...

Hey everyone,

I was just sat here wondering, how many of you receive these things on a regular basis?

I am currently receiving between two and four of these collection bags... per WEEK!

I thought they were meant to be aiding the poor, yet they are spending so much on something that most of us just throw away. I mean, how rich do they think we are, we don't throw away clothing that we just wore and go to buy new stuff.

This is just my little rant.

So, has anyone else got a similar problem? Do you know how I can stop them?
    ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

We get lots in the mail. One of my neighbors put up one of those cards saying if junk mail is put through his letterbox he will sue whoever they are advertising etc....

Dunno if it works. lol

Judge: "So you want to sue save the children for putting a collection bag through your letterbox?"

Dude: "Yeah. All those bags make me highly distressed........."

lol
    Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
    Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

Haha yeah, I don't think that will stand in court... some how
      ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Yeah , we used to get like 1 every month , but i have noticed that we're getting the same amount as you, roughly 2 a week.
        8gb Geil BlackDragon RAM | Radeon 7850 2GB | i7 860 @2.8ghz | ASUS Maximus III Extreme

Comment

we get 1-2 a week.

Comment

Same here and they all go straight in the bin.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivz69 View Post
              Same here and they all go straight in the bin.

haha the irony!
              i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

i dont get any about clothing at all. i just get the ones to do with races(horse and dog races)

i think the video below sums it all up.
                Warning there is swearing in the video. don't say i didn't warn you
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLTO40Y9US4
                I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK
                Originally posted by Ninjacat
                yes it was hard, fast and im covered in lube
                Originally posted by Turbo Porridge
                LOL- well... to be going for 2 hours that kids got Stamina! Watch out ladies!
                Originally posted by Salad Soup
                It's a bit worrying you want to see me in Lycra ....

Comment

All I get are bills and pizza menus.
                  My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

we get the clothing bags, wife uses them as bin liners
                    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by wonderlust View Post
                      we get the clothing bags, wife uses them as bin liners
                      Now there is a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
                        I thought they were meant to be aiding the poor, yet they are spending so much on something that most of us just throw away. I mean, how rich do they think we are, we don't throw away clothing that we just wore and go to buy new stuff.
                        This is a well known scam. They are not aiding the poor.

Just throw "charity clothes scam" at Google and see what you get.

Here are just two to get you going:

CharityBags - www.charitybags.org.uk - information on misleading charity clothing collections, and how to deal with them

How charity clothes line Lithuanian pockets - Telegraph

You can safely bin, or put to better use, these bags not just without qualms, but in the knowledge that you have cost the scammers something.
                        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
                        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
                        Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Working...
                        X