Toshiba Might Sell Majority Of Semiconductor Business

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toshiba Might Sell Majority Of Semiconductor Business

Toshiba Might Sell Majority Of Semiconductor Business Following $6.3 Billion Nuclear Loss

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/tos...off,33660.html

I can forsee increased mech and SSD prices, which are already on the up due to the dollar and various fires @ Samsungs fabs.
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Nuclear hard drive?

How do I get one of those?
    GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

worship the true lord, atom! my child.
      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
      Plato

Comment

Weren't those fires some time ago? Or was that the floods at the HDD plant?

I blame the Trumpster.

You do realise that the nuclear loss came about because Toshiba woke up with a hangover and bought Westinghouse from BNFL? (That stands for British Nuclear FooLs.)

We bought it from the Yanks.
        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
        Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Looks like its either foxconn, WD or possibly Apple.

Comment

Oh no. Anyone but Apple. Up goes the price, bang goes the innovation, followed by a torrent of law suits.
            Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
            Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
            Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

LOL price, innovation, lawsuits!
              Originally posted by Aaron
              I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Apple would buy it, then claim they've had the business for years and that they invented the SSD. Or maybe the rectangle. And then sue everyone for copying them.

Originally posted by coiler
                Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by michaelkenward View Post
                  Oh no. Anyone but Apple. Up goes the price, bang goes the innovation, followed by a torrent of law suits.
                  Originally its was a joint Foxconn & Apple bid but apparently they can't play nicely and are trying to do their own deals.

Toshiba had some deals with SanDisk which is now owned by WD. There is some debate as to the WD / Toshiba relationship through the SanDisk deals.

Comment

Working...
                  X