Creative T40 II left speaker not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative T40 II left speaker not working

I've got a pair of Creative T40 speakers and whilst watching YouTube at a low volume my left speaker started buzzing. I've checked the jack at the back in case it was a loose connection and also tried plugging it into the front of the case. Sometimes the speaker will just stop altogether so I can only hear the right channel, had a quick google and looks like some other people also have had this problem.

My question is has anyone else had this problem before or does anyone know a fix? If it's not repairable then I'll probably look for a new set of speakers but I'm after a compact size with decent audio quality like these if anyone has any recomendations. I've had them for over 2 years now and they've been great up to now. Thanks!
    MSI Z77A-GD65 | i5 3570k | 8GB Mushkin Blackline | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo | 2TB WD Black | MSI 660ti Power Edition | Zalman Z11 Plus

If you weren't touching the speaker at the time that it stopped working the first time (ie, it's not physical damage), then it would make sense that it's an internal electrical issue. It would be repairable, but it would depend on how good you are with a multimeter and soldering iron Did any of the other threads online yield any clues as to what might be the issue?

With regards to replacements, I can't really help there. I run all of my computers through hifi type amps and speakers - I guess it could genuinely be worth keeping an eye out on FreeCycle to see if a compact stereo comes up which you could use?

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Working...
    X