So wish this were mine!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So wish this were mine!

Repeat customer requested that I assemble his new PC.

Please note that with the exception of the Case I had no other input on the choice of parts.

The SSD was from his old build.

Not really sure if this a good match for an I7-7700k and 3000Mhz DDR4

I still think the Phanteks Eclipse P400 is one of the easiest to assemble cases I've worked on

Final assembled build pre power up

Pretty (naff?) lights....

Spec:-

Phanteks Eclipse P400
    I7-7700K
    Asus Rog Stryx H270F Gamer
    Coolermaster Hyper 220 Evo
    16GB Corsair Vengance 3000Mhz DDR4
    EVGA GTX1080
    Some Sort of HDMI capture card, didn't pay too much attention to it.
    120GB Adata Sata SSD
    1TB WD Blue HDD
    EVGA 750W PSU
    Last edited by wonderlust; 05-06-17, 10:33.
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

A non-overclocking board and a K CPU? Meh. Sad to see they didn't go down the AMD route for the silly money Intel want for a quad.

It's a very clean looking build, though.
    ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
      A non-overclocking board and a K CPU? Meh.
      Does seem a very strange move. Not that I tried too long, but the 3000Mhz ram would only boot at 2400Mhz max, even having set the "bios" to XMP

Sad to see they didn't go down the AMD route for the silly money Intel want for a quad.
      When he told me that he was going for an I7 I did suggest that he looks at Ryzen

Thanks, the design of the case helps to be honest!
      I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Comment

It's an Elgato, they probably think they're a streamer Twitch bandwagon is quite strong at the moment.
        Originally posted by coiler
        He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
        Originally posted by BigIan88
        turn off that sexy nonsense
        Originally posted by Salad Soup
        turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Originally posted by omega View Post
          It's an Elgato, they probably think they're a streamer Twitch bandwagon is quite strong at the moment.
          It wasn't new, I brushed the dust off of it before it was installed.

Comment

Nvm thought it was Ryzen build when saw you was having problems with ram above 2400+

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

It's most likely a board issue limiting you to 2400. Those CPUs have no problems running 3000+ at stock IMC volts.
              ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

A non-overclocking board and a K CPU? Meh. Sad to see they didn't go down the AMD route for the silly money Intel want for a quad.

if you buy an asus board the intels are actually not bad money at the minute with aria prices I ordered a maximus viii hero and 7600k for 390 and it's valid fo 110 cashback from asus

edit just noticed asus have shortened the promotion it now ends tomorrow instead of the 30th
                Last edited by danroyle; 06-06-17, 07:27.
                My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

Working...
                X