No announcement yet.

Guess the spec...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bottom 2 with the audio jacks next to them.
    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

Comment

They're audio - not sure if in or out though...

Originally posted by coiler
      Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Actually, just looked closer.. They're outputs..

Why does it have 2 soundcards?

Comment

only reason I can think of is to either run 2 joysticks or extra Midi devices?
          I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

i had a capture card like the top one, but yeah. my rose tinted glasses are getting smokey
            "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
            Plato

Comment

Originally posted by wonderlust View Post
              only reason I can think of is to either run 2 joysticks or extra Midi devices?
              True, could be a midi thing..

Comment

You guys are good

I also picked up a keyboard and there's MIDI software on the PC so I suspect this is the case. 1 sound card for input/midi, the other for output.

I'll do some more playing with it tonight

Going to be a classic games machine - sure I've got the Bitmap Brother catalog somewhere
                Xenon
                Xenon2
                Speedball2
                Gods
                Magic Pockets

Also thinking Dune2, Wolf3D, etc
                --
                Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

magic pockets is a really old one from what I remember, speedball 2 was ace on the amiga

Comment

I remember Magic Pockets being on Saturday morning TV as a kid. Viewers used to call in and use the touchtones on their landline phones to control the character on screen. I can't remember the name of the programme it was on but pretty sure it was during the Schofield/Gordon the Gopher era...

RE Bitmap Brothers.... you can't forget about Chaos Engine!!!! Great shoot em up.

Comment

Working...
                    X