Sky Hub 2 Mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Hub 2 Mod

Saw the mod on a Youtube vid so I thought I would give it a go.

Ordered the IPX/U.fl to RP-SMA cables and Aerials from a chinese Ebay retailer for 2.39 the pair.

only just finished the mod and I have not tested it as of yet, but I cnnot see the signal being any worse!
    Last edited by wonderlust; 26-02-17, 17:13.
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Right carried out some simple testing using my mobile phone...

Router is at the front of the building, behind the building is the garage.

At the far end of the garage I get 1Mbps on the stock Sky router

Same place on the Modded router 12Mbps.
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Comment

Not a bad return for 2.39!
      posted by scrivz69
      I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
      i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

How about you mod that speaker upright and not have it sideways on your desk?
        i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

I've got the stands. But in the space available that's the best solution

Sent from my HUAWEI Y550-L01 using Tapatalk

Comment

With Sky, are you contracted to use only their router? I complain a lot about BT but at least I've binned the HH for something that doesn't broadcast BT-Fon and BT Wifi despite me opting out.

Comment

supposedly yes, but lots of people use their own routers.

I have had better ADSL2+ speeds since exchanging the sky Netgear DG834GT (running Netgear Firmware) for the Hub2.

Comment

Working...
              X