No announcement yet.

how fast is your 'tinernet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it means that their advertisement of "unlimited" internet, and "we've got the fastest" have all been too successful, and back fired, and people have been ditching their home isp internet deals, and flooding the mobile networks, thus causing a lot of the unlimited+tethered deals to cease, and for them to limit download speed, they'll say they dont, and claim it's network load that dictates the speed, and basically stick 2 fingers up at you because they know you can't prove it, but, upload speeds regularly higher than download is a sure indicator of foul play

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
    - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
      it means that their advertisement of "unlimited" internet, and "we've got the fastest" have all been too successful, and back fired, and people have been ditching their home isp internet deals, and flooding the mobile networks, thus causing a lot of the unlimited+tethered deals to cease, and for them to limit download speed, they'll say they dont, and claim it's network load that dictates the speed, and basically stick 2 fingers up at you because they know you can't prove it, but, upload speeds regularly higher than download is a sure indicator of foul play
      Ahh I see. Well personally the only 'slow downs' I have noticed have been through rough weather and never lasted too long. (1-2 hours)

Comment

• yeah, that's the other problem you get with mobile internet, there can be a number of things that affect it

Those speeds you have are good, but travel outside of the larger cities and the coverage and speed goes down quite a lot, i'm also skeptical about what they do with older stuff, i've only got an S3, so no 4G for me, but, i've never been impressed with 3G to be honest, the phone constantly has some update or another needed, ALL of which are things i don't use, but am not allowed to uninstall even my shift working pattern app i use refused to work the other day, because it needed to update, what happened... i lost a chunk of the screen to adverts in the "upgraded" version !!

Rapidly getting p*ssed off with internet on the phone, and the stupid "apps" (they're not apps they're f*****g programs!) as we seem to be loosing more and more control over basic device control
        Last edited by Gunslinger; 14-01-16, 19:20.

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
        - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

• I'm far from any big city though lol in in the west of ireland, farmers country [emoji14] yeah speed was pretty poor before I got a 4g phone it was 7 down and 1 up I think. Dude tell me about it my phone constantly wants updating. I rooted mine to uninstall all the 'bloatware' and system apps I don't use.

Comment

• I don't get a good 4g signal where I live unfortunately.

Comment

• I7 6700K, Corsair H110i GTX, Asus Z170-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 2400MHz DDR4
              Zotac GTX 1070 AMP Extreme, BenQ GL2460HM, 256GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2 PCI-e 3.0 x 4 NVMe
              Samsung 840 SSD 256GB, WD 2TB Caviar Green & Samsung 1TB SpinPoint F3
              Wndows 10 64, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Microsoft SideWinder X6

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Eddzzz View Post
                  How!?

Originally posted by Aria
                  On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

• I'd imagine either business leased line, local ISP offering up to GB connections or sat in a a datacentre..

The ISP is a business line provider, so I would assume the former. Speeds like that are not unheard of. We're about to get an upgrade to 500/500 on our main non contented fibre line.

Our total bandwidth available to us is over 1Gbs, but we split it between 4 different sites. Each of our sites can go up to 10Gbs - but we'd have to pay for it And we just don't need it
                    Last edited by Aaron; 26-06-17, 14:34.

Originally posted by coiler
                    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

• Yeah we have a 200/200 connection on a gig bearer
                      Removed my picture as I have now sold it all

Comment

Working...
                      X