Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simulator Rig, Name my rig? Video added!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simulator Rig, Name my rig? Video added!

At long last, Here is the PC to power the simulator! Its not quite finished yet really. It will look much better once the covers are taken off but i want it protected for the moment as its being stored, Not used just yet.
    Thanks to Aria and Steve in sales for sorting me out with the EVGA GTX680 classified, It was a special order
    Im in love with the whole setup really. The AX860i and H100i work well together with the corsair link software. I can get pretty much any system info i need without 3rd party programs. Just the one does all the fans, Temps, Colours etc.
    I was aiming for a black/red inside, The corsair logo on the H100i is set to change colour on the temp of the CPU. I have made this a narrow margin at the moment so its mainly red, I only just turned it on in the pictures so its blue.
    With the Silver 600T im a tiny bit dissapointed, Only 2 issues. The finish on the paint inside the front bezel is bad, Just lots of overspray. You can hardly see it though. Also the front panel cables need to be black or covered all the way to the plug. You can see the multi-colour wires stick out like a sore thumb. Its an easy fix for me and i might get round to it one day.

Anyway, On with the pictures!

Now a need a name for this setup. Any ideas? Its going to be running one of these...
    Last edited by M4T VW; 10-01-17, 09:22.

Originally posted by Aria
    On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Dave

/end thread

Comment

Expensive?

Comment

Vettel?

Very creative I know
        Gaming PC: GTX 680 | FX-8320 | 12GB | Asus Crosshair Formula IV | Crucial BX100 250gb and OCZ Agility 3 60gb |1.5tb Storage| Fractal Design Arc R2 | Enermax 700w | Custom Watercooling
        Laptop: HP Elitebook 2570p - i5 2.8Ghz, 8gb Phone: Huawei P8

Comment

10k?

I wish I studied more in Education!

I definitely think you should call it T-1000

Comment

Is the chair called "Cobra" ? Could call the rig itself Viper (as in the snale, and the car) or other similarly themed name ?

BTW I think that rig looks epic, superb spec, tidy as anything, but if I must nit-pick (and I usually do ) it's a shame the mobo is black/blue not just black or black/red.

Awesome stuff, and when can I have a go ?
            --
            Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Paid for by Mr. George.
              Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
              Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

How about 'Veyron'?
                Creator of the Retr0bright Wiki - www.retr0bright.wikispaces.com and Admin at www.amibay.com - the retro computer trading forum - and Bigian88's Dad.....

Comment

That H100i looks incredible!
                  The whole thing is incredible!

I'm going to add that to the christmas list.

With the h100i in mine I can finally RMA this noisy h60
                  The North will never forget!

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy View Post
                    Is the chair called "Cobra" ? Could call the rig itself Viper (as in the snale, and the car) or other similarly themed name ?

BTW I think that rig looks epic, superb spec, tidy as anything, but if I must nit-pick (and I usually do ) it's a shame the mobo is black/blue not just black or black/red.

Awesome stuff, and when can I have a go ?
                    The seat is made by Cobra, Its model is the Evolution Pro.
                    My sim part of the setup is a 1 off as i had it painted in gunmetal Grey. Could we use that some how?

Yeah the blue is annoying, Can't see it too much though. The lights on the GTX680 are really bright white. No way to turn them off or down sadly I plan to put a little piece of red acetate over them and ALL will become red!

Originally posted by Avro View Post
                    Paid for by Mr. George.
                    Eh?

On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

Velocity. Or Acceleration.

</thread>
                      Originally posted by andyn
                      Trick in most cases seems to be to get in early, and get out early. Pump and dump.
                      PC: - i5-3570k, Mushkin 64gb SSD, 8GB Vengeance, MSI Twin Frozr III 7850.
                      Laptop: - Asus N55SF, Core i7-2670QM, GT555M (2GB).

Comment

Originally posted by M4T VW View Post
                        i had it painted in gunmetal Grey. Could we use that some how?
                        Can't help but be reminded of Red Dwarf's Me2...
                        LISTER: But why are they painting the color the same color it was before?
                        RIMMER: They're changing it from Ocean Gray to Military Gray. Something that should've been done a long time ago.
                        LISTER: Looks exactly the same to me.
                        RIMMER: No. No, no, no. (Points to a section of a wall.) That's the new Military Gray bit there, and that's the dowdy, old, nasty Ocean Gray bit there.
                        The Lady Grey ?
                        The Stimulator?

I'm not feeling very creative this evening, however thesaurus.com has the following synonyms listed for "grey"... might help someone else

ash,
                        ashen, battleship, cinereal, clouded, dingy, dove, drab, dusky, dusty, granite, heather, iron, lead, leaden, livid, mousy, neutral, oyster, pearly, peppery, powder, sere, shaded, silvered, silvery, slate, smoky, somber, stone

Ooooh, last final idea just occurred!!!

SILVER DREAM RACER (after the David Essex film about a privateer biker : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Dream_Racer)
                        --
                        Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

RIDDDGGGGGEEE RACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR.
                          Originally posted by andyn
                          Trick in most cases seems to be to get in early, and get out early. Pump and dump.
                          PC: - i5-3570k, Mushkin 64gb SSD, 8GB Vengeance, MSI Twin Frozr III 7850.
                          Laptop: - Asus N55SF, Core i7-2670QM, GT555M (2GB).

Comment

"Hammerhead iEagle Thrust"

Originally posted by coiler
                            Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy View Post
                              The Stimulator?

Comment

Working...
                              X