Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a drain port in your loop?

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Here's a small teaser of my new beast ... it's a work in progress, but it is coming together nicely.

ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

• Originally posted by EthanKing View Post
        Do you have a drain port in your loop?

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Nope, I simply put a jug under one of the ports on the res and undo the cap a little until the res drains then undo the compression fitting coming off it and tilt my PC slightly until most of the water comes out. Its only a 2-3 minute job
        i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

• Originally posted by BigIan88 View Post
          Nope, I simply put a jug under one of the ports on the res and undo the cap a little until the res drains then undo the compression fitting coming off it and tilt my PC slightly until most of the water comes out. Its only a 2-3 minute job

I had to build one out of parts, I can't lift my PC up
          Originally posted by omega
          He's trying to lick the inside of his brain though, doesn't that count for something??

|EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper SLI|Intel Core i7 5820K |Gigabyte X99-UD4P|8GB 2133Mhz Hyper X Fury DDR4|2x 120GB Samsung 850 Evo Raid0|3.0TB WD Green|Corsair 650W|LG 29UB65-P|
          All bundled in a Enthoo Primo under Water.

Comment

• It only takes 5-600ml of water!
            i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

• Originally posted by BigIan88 View Post
              It only takes 5-600ml of water!

It's Huge don't judge plus it means i can plug a pipe in, open the valve, release a bulkhead, and its done none of this manual labour thing
              Originally posted by omega
              He's trying to lick the inside of his brain though, doesn't that count for something??

|EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper SLI|Intel Core i7 5820K |Gigabyte X99-UD4P|8GB 2133Mhz Hyper X Fury DDR4|2x 120GB Samsung 850 Evo Raid0|3.0TB WD Green|Corsair 650W|LG 29UB65-P|
              All bundled in a Enthoo Primo under Water.

Comment

• Almost there!

Comment

• morning all

bare with me, I'm 2hrs away from the end of a 12hr night shift and feeling a bit sleepy

but I've been wondering about how people make that decision to change parts of their PC, is it purely an experiential thing? or forced by a new game's requirements say? or is it just an itch and a twiddling of thumbs?

the reason I ask is I'm sort of all 3 and I'm wondering if there is anything I could read on to give me greater insight into the field?

first things first, this is my set up, no wishlist as a lot are discontinued
                  https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=61970
                  https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=61859
                  https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=53994
                  https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=61985
                  https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=58512
                  https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=52724
                  then a few SSD (120/250) a 1tb HDD and a cpu heatsink

I came from console a smidge over a year ago and I've thoroughly enjoyed having my PC, but with a few mods running (the community ballance patch if you play) I've noticed Civ 5 is taking a noticable time between turns compared to the 'super computers' streamers use on lets plays. I started off with a budget AMD build and after a while and a small lot of bonus cash, upgraded my GPU to a GTX970 and got another SSD to speed things up. So the few games I play, namely Civ and Battlefield (I'm the sort of chap who plays a lot of a few, rather than bits of many games) run on high settings at good frame rates.

I imagine I will play the new battlefield 1, if it is more like 4 and not hardline. I worry with my FX6300 cpu if it would keep up, I may be wrong to do so. I do have a disproportionatly good mobo but it is DDR3, so again the fact DDR4-5 is now common place makes me worry in terms of if my system will cope. I'm sure there is an element of making numbers sound scary to get mugs like me to buy things. But still, I think about getting a better AMD CPU and maybe some similar RAM would be beneficial too

I also toy with the idea of selling the mobo/cpu/ram and going down the intel route as I know it is a stronger set up. A friend of mine is doing just this.......and I'm jealous

So I'm partly thinking about continuing to future proof my PC and I know there's a while left in my GFX card, so I end up day dreaming and just thinking what if, as I don't have the wealth of experiance of the people on this forum and don't really ever make progress

Then in addition, I see PC's on this thread like the above neat and handsome beast and I get green eyes again. So I think about getting a nicer case with a back panel so I can hide cabling and make everything overall a lot sexier, much like the thinking behind a closed water cool system for the cpu, it looks neater

so, summation, if that sleepy essay made any kind of sense

1, where, if there is any, can you get info on when and why to upgrade?
                  2, is there a need for me to do anything with the CPU and if so, am I better going for a better AMD CPU or swapping to intel?
                  3, is there a suggestion for a nice friendly case and self contained water cooler? something appropriate for my level

In terms of budget, if there's a compelling case for a certain direction I'm sure I could be convinced easily enough, as long as it isn't SLI 980s and the like (the joys of been a irresponsable young professional with out kids )

thank you for your time

Comment

• My new build, haven't installed any hard drives or optical drive yet.

Q6600 @ 2.4GHz - 4GB 800MHz DDR2 - ATI HD 4850 1GB - Windows 7 Pro

Comment

• Changed the coolant, res and hose

Comment

• Originally posted by dwoo View Post
                        morning all...
                        Quite the post, however the reason you've not got much in the way of response is this thread is purely for showing off PC's, if you fire on over to either general hardware, or new build advice, you will definitely get a proper response, but I'll give a brief response.

The reason most people change parts varies from person to person, I have a friend who built his PC, closed it up, and never opened it again. Others, as you can see with a quick read through this thread, are serial upgraders, those who see it as more of a hobby. Personally, if I have a bit of cash spare, I may look to upgrade one of the parts that I think is starting to hold me back. As an example, a few months ago, I bought a second 780 for my build. I didn't especially need it. However I knew Fallout 4 was set to come out soon so decided then was a good time (Ironically FO4 didn't have any decent SLI support, but anyway).

If Civ 5 is lagging between turns, it points to a processor bottleneck. I really don't know what I'm talking about with AMD chips, but I'm sure that your one isn't one of the best processors out there. However, if it's handling things fine, you will be upgrading purely to save a few seconds off of each turn on Civ 5. With the upgrade to DDR4, I wouldn't sweat it yet, I think DDR3 is more than capable of coping for now imo.

In terms of tidying up your PC, all I can recommend is that you take half an hour to watch through cable routing videos, and, the best tip, is to watch a system installation in your specific case, as you should literally see the best way to route cables. Closed water systems for CPU's are great, however again, if heat isn't an issue, you need to weigh it up.

TL;DR if you're thinking of upgrades, don't lie to yourself, evaluate what you want, what you'll get, and how much it'll cost.
                        Phanteks Enthoo Pro | i7-5280K | H55 | Asus Sabertooth X99 | EVGA 780 ACX SLI | 16GB Corsair LP DDR4 | 750W Corsair CX PSU | SAMSUNG EVO 250GB | Seagate 2TB HDD | DT 770 Pro | Logitech G600 | Corsair K95

Comment

• Originally posted by Clewis09 View Post
                          Quite the post, however the reason you've not got much in the way of response is this thread is purely for showing off PC's, if you fire on over to either general hardware, or new build advice, you will definitely get a proper response, but I'll give a brief response.

The reason most people change parts varies from person to person, I have a friend who built his PC, closed it up, and never opened it again. Others, as you can see with a quick read through this thread, are serial upgraders, those who see it as more of a hobby. Personally, if I have a bit of cash spare, I may look to upgrade one of the parts that I think is starting to hold me back. As an example, a few months ago, I bought a second 780 for my build. I didn't especially need it. However I knew Fallout 4 was set to come out soon so decided then was a good time (Ironically FO4 didn't have any decent SLI support, but anyway).

If Civ 5 is lagging between turns, it points to a processor bottleneck. I really don't know what I'm talking about with AMD chips, but I'm sure that your one isn't one of the best processors out there. However, if it's handling things fine, you will be upgrading purely to save a few seconds off of each turn on Civ 5. With the upgrade to DDR4, I wouldn't sweat it yet, I think DDR3 is more than capable of coping for now imo.

In terms of tidying up your PC, all I can recommend is that you take half an hour to watch through cable routing videos, and, the best tip, is to watch a system installation in your specific case, as you should literally see the best way to route cables. Closed water systems for CPU's are great, however again, if heat isn't an issue, you need to weigh it up.

TL;DR if you're thinking of upgrades, don't lie to yourself, evaluate what you want, what you'll get, and how much it'll cost.
                          hello, another night shift brings me here at this unsocial time

you are indeed correct with your conclusions and it is an interesting read, i thank you for your time

Comment

• Well, my rig is 99% of the way there now.

Here's mine long, long overdue 24/7 rig!

The three EK Vardar fans on the rad were ordered by mistake. I thought I had bought white ones but realised after they got delivered from Slovakia (EK shipped them to me directly) that they were the wrong colour. I stuck with them, though. They look pretty good. I may swap them out at some point, but for now, they are staying as is. I originally had them in a pull config but I swapped them to push, so I had to drain the loop as the tubing wasn't long enough to stretch another 25mm to make up for the gap where the rad moved up.

All I need now to finish the rig is an LED strip to light the inside up and to get a proper mouse again.

(Hey, Marsey, look at those fresh loop bubbles again... )

Last edited by TheMadDutchDude; 02-06-16, 09:16.
                            ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

• Getting started at last.

GTX 1080 Ti|i7 7700K|Asus Maximus Hero IX|16GB Team Group Dark 3200Mhz|Evo 960 500GB|Silverstone Strider 850W Gold|Dell S2716DG G-Sync|Caselabs BH7|Custom Water...

Comment

• so cute, almost pocket sized
                                "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                                Plato

Comment

Working...
                                X