• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fx63007850 View Post
    sold my amd setup for intel.

specs are nzxt phantom 630, z87x-oc, 4690k @4.7ghz, 7970/7950 @1100/1500
    Think you'll need a name change then

Nice setup, love the motherboard!
    Main Rig: A8 7670k @4.5GHz // Gigabyte F2A88-XM D3H // 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz // Sapphire Nitro R9 380 // Samsung 850 250GB // Samsung F3 500GB // EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 // Dell U2312HM // Zowie EC2
    Dell Inspiron 15 Special Edition:
    i7 3612QM // 6GB RAM // 7730M // Samsung 840 250GB // Backlit K/B // 1080p Panel // Soundblaster Evo Wireless

Comment

• Originally posted by EthanKing View Post
      Good chip. Mines 4.5 @ 1.275.

Just got a new mobo with more power phases so maybe it might help me get a slightly better OC.
      have you played around with other volts yet and it should help, but dont have a clue as 1st time with intel

Originally posted by Sarky View Post
      Think you'll need a name change then

Nice setup, love the motherboard!
      sure do, i have a look around to see if i can change it or ask a mod

Comment

• Didn't try any other voltages as my mobile has faulty audio ports and its being RMA'd. My Asus board has 4 phase but my new MSI has 6 phase. Not sure if it will make any difference but when I get my replacement I will find out. Won't be going for MSI again though tbh I don't like the BIOS at all and can't lower sysfan headers under 50%.

Comment

• ^^ meant to say mobo not mobile.. Stupid autocorrect.

Comment

• Here it is so far minus the pcie cables.

GTX 1080 Ti|i7 7700K|Asus Maximus Hero IX|16GB Team Group Dark 3200Mhz|Evo 960 500GB|Silverstone Strider 850W Gold|Dell S2716DG G-Sync|Caselabs BH7|Custom Water...

Comment

• Looks great. Is that the predator installed? How is it?

Comment

• There is a bit of noise from the pump when under load although i dont hear it since i have headphones on.

I think i might order the non windowed side panel from fractal to see if it helps with noise isolation, i can hear a difference in the noise when i hold the window in.

Temps are about the same as i had before i delidded the cpu, you can see the temps in earlier posts i made.

I will probably replace the fans with noctua industrials when the temps are up in the spring/summer since i am used to the sound of them then maybe add another rad to the roof if not happy with temps/noise.

Remember my front 360 i had before was thicker and i also had a 240 in the roof so the temps are to be expected tbh.
                Last edited by khemist; 07-02-16, 02:09.

GTX 1080 Ti|i7 7700K|Asus Maximus Hero IX|16GB Team Group Dark 3200Mhz|Evo 960 500GB|Silverstone Strider 850W Gold|Dell S2716DG G-Sync|Caselabs BH7|Custom Water...

Comment

• Yeah temps are to be expected but its the noise that I was wondering about. I have my D5 Vario set to 1 out of 5, got all my fans running around 800rpm and my PSU on ECO mode so the fan doesn't spin until it's under load.

About the side panel, when I tighten the thumb screws fully I get some vibration but I just back them off a slight bit and it's perfect.

Comment

• I'll give that a bash, never thought of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by khemist View Post
                      I'll give that a bash, never thought of it.
                      It was a happy accident that I found it out lol. Wish my PC was fully passive[emoji38]I probably still wouldn't be happy.

Comment

• delete.
                        Last edited by khemist; 19-02-16, 23:41.

Comment

• Didn't work, ditched the predator back on custom with my RX360, Noctua fans, d5 and res... going to stick the Black return pipe back in the res.

Not the best pic but you get the idea, not happy with the runs, will do for now.

Case does look a lot fuller with a res in it now, one of the reasons i went for the predator was because it looked so tidy but it's great to have the pc silent again.
                          Last edited by khemist; 19-02-16, 23:41.

Comment

• Is that res meant to be full of bubbles?

Comment

• They are only small bubbles, they wont make any difference and it was only just after it was filled, they will die down a little more.

Got the air to bleed out very quickly, never seems to take long for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by khemist View Post
                                They are only small bubbles, they wont make any difference and it was only just after it was filled, they will die down a little more.

Got the air to bleed out very quickly, never seems to take long for me.
                                I think the bubbles look really cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X