This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EthanKing View Post
    Yeah I have Pastel Orange and I looked like I had a skin condition for a day or two haha.
    I was debating on an EK blood red bottle I have, which is translucent. I'm quite happy though, how long has your Pastel Orange been in the loop?
    Originally posted by omega
    He's trying to lick the inside of his brain though, doesn't that count for something??

|EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper SLI|Intel Core i7 5820K |Gigabyte X99-UD4P|8GB 2133Mhz Hyper X Fury DDR4|2x 120GB Samsung 850 Evo Raid0|3.0TB WD Green|Corsair 650W|LG 29UB65-P|
    All bundled in a Enthoo Primo under Water.

Comment

• Nearly 4 months now. No colour shift or anything but its not as vibrant orange as I had hoped.

Comment

Nearly 4 months now. No colour shift or anything but its not as vibrant orange as I had hoped.
        This is what I was worried about, I've seen some images where Red Pastel has gone purple and translucent We shall see!
        He's trying to lick the inside of his brain though, doesn't that count for something??

|EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper SLI|Intel Core i7 5820K |Gigabyte X99-UD4P|8GB 2133Mhz Hyper X Fury DDR4|2x 120GB Samsung 850 Evo Raid0|3.0TB WD Green|Corsair 650W|LG 29UB65-P|

Comment

• Jay's Two Cents has had a bad experience with the pastel. Mine is brilliant so far though I am only cooling a 4690k. I was going to cool my 970 too but never got around to it. Thinking of changing to a purple pastel. How long have you been using your pastel?

Comment

Jay's Two Cents has had a bad experience with the pastel. Mine is brilliant so far though I am only cooling a 4690k. I was going to cool my 970 too but never got around to it. Thinking of changing to a purple pastel. How long have you been using your pastel?
            Yeah, I did see that blow up on twitter

I put it in yesterday, I have a 5820K underneath it, although it only goes to 42 degrees C on load. We shall see how we get on with it

Comment

• Best of luck

Comment

• from what i have seen, if you gave your loop a good flush before using the pastel you should be fine. it can react with other stuff so a good flush is needed, or you can get a few cleaning products for them.

also heard someone say direct sunlight aint great for it too but who leaves their pc to sunbathe?

i have some clear xt1 that's about 2 years old now and still clear and cooling great
                "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                Plato

Comment

• Originally posted by luke22 View Post
                  from what i have seen, if you gave your loop a good flush before using the pastel you should be fine. it can react with other stuff so a good flush is needed, or you can get a few cleaning products for them.

also heard someone say direct sunlight aint great for it too but who leaves their pc to sunbathe?

i have some clear xt1 that's about 2 years old now and still clear and cooling great

I'll have you know, my PC loves to get its bikini on and catch a few rays y'know.

Comment

• Picture of my (mostly) white Evga G2 750 that I quickly wrapped in matte white vinyl. I done it in preparation for a color scheme change

Comment

• Forgot to mention I will be redoing the loop as the runs for the top rad make no sense I was just excited at doing my first WC loop and rushed into it.

Comment

• Done some more vinyl wrapping. It's pretty bad so I will probably do it again.

Comment

• sold my amd setup for intel.

specs are nzxt phantom 630, z87x-oc, 4690k @4.7ghz, 7970/7950 @1100/1500

Comment

• Nice specs. What voltage you running for the 4.7Ghz?

Comment

Nice specs. What voltage you running for the 4.7Ghz?
                              thanks and its 1.276 i think

Comment

• Good chip. Mines 4.5 @ 1.275.

Just got a new mobo with more power phases so maybe it might help me get a slightly better OC.

Comment

Working...
                                X