Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had it overclocked to 4.1ghz , but at stock for now till I get a gpu.
    "They're gonna find out
    I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
    But they're gonna find out
    And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

• Well after all this time and waiting I have managed to finally get somewhere with my builds... I'll let the pics do the talking and I'll just shut up for once....

Before I put up the next one, any one remembers that SR2 build I had that badly needed a make over?....

Well I hope this is a bit better now...

And altogether now....

Now for me to get on to the next little project of swapping out my 4960X system from the daily file server type server thingy I call it for the 4770k I have here and then get the 4960X on the test bed for a testing rig until I can afford some new GPU's and some new cooling hardware So glad I have managed to get this done!! I've even been using the 5D for the pics, so if they are pants, then that's my fault lol I really need to get that camera out more.... Project Complete and Total Overkill Part 2 will continue!! Come to think of it, that really needs to be updated!!.....

Comment

• Those systems look good Phil. If I could I'd do a lot more building, and even dabble in water cooling which is the one thing I've never done, minus using those pre-done ones which I don't count

My system could do with an complete upgrade other than just the slight GPU upgrade I'm doing, I would love to build a small but powerful HTPC/Gaming machine for the living room and I would love to build and mess around with some sort of storage server box thing.
        "They're gonna find out
        I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
        But they're gonna find out
        And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

• Thanks mate I know they are old hardware and people will ask me why I keep them but they work and have worked since I have had them and I just can't seem to get rid! The SR-2 is a bit of a different beast but more or less the same thing applies

I would like to upgrade a few things, HTPC and Isabelle's PC for one, but the thing is, will it really make my blu rays and Isabelle's films look better, run smoother etc?? I doubt it I'll just save my cash for now

Comment

• Nice work!.

GTX 1080 Ti|i7 7700K|Asus Maximus Hero IX|16GB Team Group Dark 3200Mhz|Evo 960 500GB|Silverstone Strider 850W Gold|Dell S2716DG G-Sync|Caselabs BH7|Custom Water...

Comment

• Thanks Khemist After long enough it's nearly where I'd like them all Time to hopefully get the time to enjoy them now before I get more new shiney things!!

Comment

• looking swish those dude!!!!
                "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                Plato

Comment

• Thanks Marsey I'm hoping to get the SR-2 running overclocked today whilst I'm rebuilding what I call my server and getting a test bed setup I can't wait I wonder if I can get all the ram working with a good healthy overclock??.....

Comment

• Remember you were always one to astonish with your builds Phill, credit to you mate

Sure I remember a photo you posted and you had all these top end boards on different sockets from the old stuff to the new stuff? EPIC!

I've got a LanParty P45 T2RS+, would love to do a nostalgia build with it, use a Q9700 is I could find one.
                    i5-2500K@ (4.3GHz) - Z68X - NH-D14 - GTX 580 TwinFrozrII - BitFenix Shinobi - TX650 - 8GB RipJawZ 2133Mhz - lots of fans & a fan controller !

Comment

• Thank you for your kind words asha!! My biggest problem is not being able to sell off some hardware, I still have a socket A rig here and a DFI 939 Lan Party board sat here, not to mention 2 Rampage Extremes with a QX9650 and a Q9550 in them

I will be hoping for some building with some new hardware soon but it sadly won't be for a while.. Too much other rubbish to sort out and I need to get that gone before I can even think about spending money on top end hardware again!! Just watch this space!!

Comment

• Credit where credit is due matey

Wow, socket A! that is a blast from the past, glad to see people still appreciate the older stuff, just shows how far the technology has come since then aswell. Funnily enough I got offered a rampage 2 extreme based rig as it 'just sits there gathering dust' but the fella wanted way too much for it, I just couldn't warrant it unfortunately, rig is still sitting there now in his loft !

Will definitely be keeping an eye out on your stuff mate
                        i5-2500K@ (4.3GHz) - Z68X - NH-D14 - GTX 580 TwinFrozrII - BitFenix Shinobi - TX650 - 8GB RipJawZ 2133Mhz - lots of fans & a fan controller !

Comment

• Well I'm glad some people find it nice to see!! It's taken too damn long just to retube it but with everything going on at the moment, it had to wait! Isabelle is much more important!!

I'll try and get my project thread back up and running and also updated!! It's been far too long since I had updated it anyways!!

For now, roll on the new stuff!!

Comment

• i5 4690k: 4.5GHz @ 1.275v
                            Msi GTX970 Gaming 4G: Core - 1532MHz
                            Memory - 8000MHz
                            Voltage - 1.275v

Comment

• Very nice looking system there

Comment

• Originally posted by phill View Post
                                Very nice looking system there
                                Thanks. I will have a custom loop in there in around two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X