Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, rig looks sweet!, maybe the tubing you had was the earlier primochill stuff and not the advanced stuff.

They have stopped making the older version, i've had no problems with the advanced stuff.

As for other fittings i can't say, i've not tried many brands just some Alphacool, Bitspower and some Koolance quick disconnects, i'm going to be using the Bitspower ones for years to come and i'm not planning on switching.

GTX 1080 Ti|i7 7700K|Asus Maximus Hero IX|16GB Team Group Dark 3200Mhz|Evo 960 500GB|Silverstone Strider 850W Gold|Dell S2716DG G-Sync|Caselabs BH7|Custom Water...

Comment

• I use Masterkleer tubing, for the money it's pretty good I find it bends pretty well, even though it's pretty thick skinned (so to speak) Definitely need to consider barbs but I have found that I get a white powder left in my system, I'm wondering what it can be.. Do I need to add something to the de-ionized water I'm using?

Comment

• The White powder will be plasticizer, have a read of this post from OCN, particularly point 5 http://www.overclock.net/t/1380775/w...#post_19720009 .

I only use a drop of mayhems biocide in my water, try the Primochill stuff and see how you get on.

GTX 1080 Ti|i7 7700K|Asus Maximus Hero IX|16GB Team Group Dark 3200Mhz|Evo 960 500GB|Silverstone Strider 850W Gold|Dell S2716DG G-Sync|Caselabs BH7|Custom Water...

Comment

• Thanks for that Khemist I'll see how it goes with the Masterkleer stuff I have and as they are only being used a bit I'll invest in some better tubing when I get my new pump and res I'll try the Primochill tubing when I get my gaming rig sorted out
          Do you use anything with your liquid?

Comment

• Just use D.I. water with one or two drops of biocide.

Comment

• Maybe I should try adding some in just to see if that helps with the white powder build up.. I wonder.. Thanks Khemist

Comment

• No change yet, next pic will be different tubing and fittings at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by phill View Post
                  Maybe I should try adding some in just to see if that helps with the white powder build up.. I wonder.. Thanks Khemist
                  I don't think so, the biocide will prevent algae building up but not plasticizer leaching.

Comment

• Originally posted by khemist View Post
                    I don't think so, the biocide will prevent algae building up but not plasticizer leaching.
                    Just bought 2m of primochill advanced lrt clear, will it have that plasticizer leaching? Will 2m be enough for 2 rads, cpu, gpu and pump/res combo?

Starting off with one rad, cpu and pump/res combo so it should be enough for that right?

Comment

• No, it should be fine, 2 meters will be enough unless you mess up the cuts or you have a massive case.

Comment

• Same case as you

Comment

• Down a GPU, for hopefully only a short while, but at least my cable management is not too shabby.
                          "They're gonna find out
                          I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
                          But they're gonna find out
                          And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

• Clean looking build @Darklighthim, wiring looks really neat , out of curiosity is that the board I sold you ?
                            i5-2500K@ (4.3GHz) - Z68X - NH-D14 - GTX 580 TwinFrozrII - BitFenix Shinobi - TX650 - 8GB RipJawZ 2133Mhz - lots of fans & a fan controller !

Comment

• Originally posted by asha1 View Post
                              Clean looking build @Darklighthim, wiring looks really neat , out of curiosity is that the board I sold you ?
                              Thanks.

Yes that is the board you sold me, still going strong with the i5-760.
                              "They're gonna find out
                              I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
                              But they're gonna find out
                              And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

• Originally posted by darklighthim View Post
                                Thanks.

Yes that is the board you sold me, still going strong with the i5-760.
                                Wow! glad to see it's still going strong mate, you got it overclocked ?
                                i5-2500K@ (4.3GHz) - Z68X - NH-D14 - GTX 580 TwinFrozrII - BitFenix Shinobi - TX650 - 8GB RipJawZ 2133Mhz - lots of fans & a fan controller !

Comment

Working...
                                X