This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your gonna like that SM951

@khemist ... looking good as usual, the extensions i agree with you, hate using those on PSU's and yes, if the visible cables at the back of hthe PSU matched it would be better.
    The GPU block and CPU block being different, if they were both 'top side' visible i'd agree, as it is, i think it's fine.

The rigid tubing is a fad, i don't think too much of it either, always makes me think of cheap plastic plumbing pipework lol

as for yours, yeah the clear doesn't work, and a 45 in the pump out will look good.

but still looks amazing even before final tweaks
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 23-08-15, 18:32.

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
    - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

• Just tried the Blue Primochill tubing on the Bitspower fittings, no way it's going to work, far too hard to tighten them.

I'll have to try another kind of tubing or use Blue coolant as a last resort, kind of defeats the purpose of buying a Blue res though.

I've been using 3/8 5/8 Primochill, i'll try some 7/16 thinner walled stuff and see how it is.
      Last edited by khemist; 25-08-15, 13:15.

GTX 1080 Ti|i7 7700K|Asus Maximus Hero IX|16GB Team Group Dark 3200Mhz|Evo 960 500GB|Silverstone Strider 850W Gold|Dell S2716DG G-Sync|Caselabs BH7|Custom Water...

Comment

• Success!, 7/16-5/8 works just fine even though these fittings are meant for 3/8-5/8.

Probably switch the tubing over later today, BEFORE i get on the beer.

GTX 1080 Ti|i7 7700K|Asus Maximus Hero IX|16GB Team Group Dark 3200Mhz|Evo 960 500GB|Silverstone Strider 850W Gold|Dell S2716DG G-Sync|Caselabs BH7|Custom Water...

Comment

• I was meaning to ask Khemist, why do you use the compression fittings?

Comment

• Instead of barbs?, they look a lot better and are more secure.

Comment

• Originally posted by khemist View Post
              Instead of barbs?, they look a lot better and are more secure.
              I agree, I'm not a fan of barbs myself.
              i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

• What makes do you use guys? I've never used them but then I've never had any problems with just barbs unless I've been really bloody dumb and not done them up tight enough but thank god for de-ionised water

Comment

• I've never used branded ones, the stock ones from a popular (but now bankrupt) water cooling shop had unbranded ones listed that were about 2-3 each and they were more than good enough for me

Although I dont have a custom loop any more, I still have my old rad, most of the fittings, spare coolant and some hose in my spares box.
                  i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

• Originally posted by phill View Post
                    What makes do you use guys? I've never used them but then I've never had any problems with just barbs unless I've been really bloody dumb and not done them up tight enough but thank god for de-ionised water
                    I was using a mix of Alphacool and Bitspower, i was only using Bitspower for things like 45's and 90's up until a while ago.

I've bought so many 45's and 90's and other Bitspower stuff that i went and bought 14 Bitspower compression fittings.

It's a bitter pill to swallow when you look at the price hence i was doing it bit by bit but it's also something you are going to use for years and years.

Comment

• Also, since specialtech has closed now, i find the best place to order from is highflow.nl.

They have the best selection of watercooling stuff in europe i think and have a flat rate shipping of 10 euros.

Performance pcs in America has the best selection bar none but the shipping price is expensive.

Comment

• I've been told that the Bitspower fittings are really over priced for what they are and have been suggested to try XSPC fittings instead. They are pretty cheap and decent for the money.. I'm going to give them a go but I must admit I've only ever really used Bitspower for the 45 degree fittings, I try not to use 90 degree fittings but that's just me..

I'll take a look at the site, I'm always after trying to save money for barbs etc Sometimes it's just not fun spending out 100's on something that's not going to make your PC go any faster!!

What sort of tubing do you use Khemist?

Comment

• Primochill advanced LRT.

Comment

• The XSPC stuff is identical to the unbranded stuff. They both are a little harsh on the skin when trying to fasten them but are essentially the same thing.

Comment

• Lights and new fans. (excuse photo, im not that friendly with a camera.

Powercool glacia pro 120mm fans. (Had to take silicon covers off to fit on the rad properly) 5 each and they are double ball bearing fans, very quiet even at 12v and push a hell of a lot of air (for the speed and noise).

Comment

• I'm currently wondering what to do about the fittings.. Bitspower's are ok but the price for them are horrendous.. I have got a few XSPC fittings just to try out, so I'll see how I go with them

Are there any others I could try?

With the Primochill Khemist, do you get any water build up in the tubing?? I was shocked at what I had in mine, but don't have a clue what is causing it.. Not sure if its the tubing or the liquid I'm using?

Alfizzle, the rig is looking awesome Bet it's one hell of a gamer

Comment

Working...
                                X