This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bodster View Post
    Yeh first time I saw these cases, thought it was a bit strange, but I'm loving it now congrats on the dry non leaky build!

I think you need to show us your second side
    Originally posted by omega
    He's trying to lick the inside of his brain though, doesn't that count for something??

|EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper SLI|Intel Core i7 5820K |Gigabyte X99-UD4P|8GB 2133Mhz Hyper X Fury DDR4|2x 120GB Samsung 850 Evo Raid0|3.0TB WD Green|Corsair 650W|LG 29UB65-P|
    All bundled in a Enthoo Primo under Water.

Comment

• I would rather not haha
      ROG Swift, LG 27MU67 & BenQ XL2411T | Fractal Design Define R4 | Asus X99 Deluxe | i7 5930K 4.4GHz | 16GB Ripjaw DDR4's | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC | Kingston 120GB HyperX SSD, OCZ Vertex 2 480GB SSD, 4TB WD Black & 4TB WD Red| KRK Rokit 6's | Corsair K70 & Corsair M65 Pro RGB | X55 Rhino HOTAS | Steam & Origin - bodster2k7

Comment

• What's the need for the 660 or the AIO? Seems a little OTT for a server.

I think I want to build a media server when I move, it just seems like a good idea.
        ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

• Also to use it eventually for a streaming PC (Once my internet is upgraded to fibre, so in 10 years!) and I also want to have it as a backup gaming pc as well, tried a couple of games on it late last night and it runs even modern games really well! I could have bought a cheap little crappy GPU new for £40/£50, but I was able to get a 660 used for not a whole lot more off of the bay, so couldn't really say no

The liquid cooler yeh, is OTT for a little low powered server that will be on idle 90% of the time, but I hadn't used one before so wanted to try it, and I didn't really fancy any of the slim air coolers on offer. Call it OCD if you will, but it looks a lot neater in the case with it being an AIO
          ROG Swift, LG 27MU67 & BenQ XL2411T | Fractal Design Define R4 | Asus X99 Deluxe | i7 5930K 4.4GHz | 16GB Ripjaw DDR4's | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC | Kingston 120GB HyperX SSD, OCZ Vertex 2 480GB SSD, 4TB WD Black & 4TB WD Red| KRK Rokit 6's | Corsair K70 & Corsair M65 Pro RGB | X55 Rhino HOTAS | Steam & Origin - bodster2k7

Comment

• Fair enough. At least it will get used properly, albeit eventually.

I do like that case a lot. How many drives can it hold?
            ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Ohh nice! Was about to say, strange way to have the PC laid out and then saw your edit

Just finished my Server build, and it's in your case's baby brother! This is to be used in the house for movies/TV Shows/Music etc and just general mass storage

Bought 4 of the parts from Aria the other day, the rest are either bought used or I already had.

Full specs:

Intel i3-2100 3.1GHz
              8GB DDR3 Mushkin 1600MHz
              MSI Twin FrozrIII GTX 660
              H61-MA Motherboard
              Corsair H75 Cooler
              Corsair 240 Air Case
              2x 1TB HDD
              1x 500GB HDD

Will replace the 500GB with a 4TB eventually, but for now a nice little server to stream music and video Fan config is still to be worked out properly, never used an all in one watercooled cooler before so will have to experiment, but at idle so far looking at 25 degrees for CPU and 27 degrees for GPU!
              I was curious myself with the GTX 660 lol I have a R7 240 in my server, but I'm hoping that I can get it hooked up to a 4k screen at some point.... As Brend knows, I miss big res screens!! Oh just a hint, if your looking to save films etc on the server, just watch out for full rips on blu rays, my current server has 24Tb of space and on a few drives they are getting a bit full.. At 30 to 40Gb a film it's worth it for the sound quality, but I think I'm going to have to stop buying films at some point... But I don't think that's going to happen!!

Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
              What's the need for the 660 or the AIO? Seems a little OTT for a server.

I think I want to build a media server when I move, it just seems like a good idea.
              Mate you know it's right I have that FM1 setup for my HTPC and it's bloody perfect Plays blu rays with everything being super quiet Streams them from the server without any issues either Perfect

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
                Fair enough. At least it will get used properly, albeit eventually.

I do like that case a lot. How many drives can it hold?
                Can hold 3 hdd's and 3 ssd's! Which is enough for me I think. Cracking little case!

It was something like the r7 240 I was looking at originally, but ended up biting the bullet and going used and it's worked out well! The 660 is cool and quiet and is there if I need it Yeh space is the big thing for me, my 2x 1TB and 1x 500 won't last considering how big they are now so I am going to be going for larger drives in the future, maybe a couple of paydays in the future!

Comment

• I think that I might have needed a better card, but I'll just make do It doesn't need to be powerful for just displaying a screen for me, so I hope this one is up to displaying it at 4k

Comment

• Think i might have to buy ANOTHER case, i'm getting a terrible resonating noise coming from the pump, either that or try my other ddc or the D5.

GTX 1080 Ti|i7 7700K|Asus Maximus Hero IX|16GB Team Group Dark 3200Mhz|Evo 960 500GB|Silverstone Strider 850W Gold|Dell S2716DG G-Sync|Caselabs BH7|Custom Water...

Comment

I would rather not haha
                      I will if you will
                      He's trying to lick the inside of his brain though, doesn't that count for something??

|EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper SLI|Intel Core i7 5820K |Gigabyte X99-UD4P|8GB 2133Mhz Hyper X Fury DDR4|2x 120GB Samsung 850 Evo Raid0|3.0TB WD Green|Corsair 650W|LG 29UB65-P|

Comment

• I'll post one up tomorrow (When I totally don't tidy it!)

Comment

• Here's the build I recently did.

With new fans on the cooler it doesn't get over 65 degrees in prime95 heat test. I sense some over clocking in my future.
                          Last edited by DJ12; 05-03-15, 00:39.

Comment

• Originally posted by Salad Soup View Post
                            Just finished setting up my PC.

Done a couple of upgrades to it and fitted my watercool loop tonight

Edit: Not sure why the second photo's skewed. Tilt your heads! [emoji38]
                            Love this case. Is it good? Not sure if I want this or a vengeance c70.

Comment

• Originally posted by EthanKing View Post
                              Love this case. Is it good? Not sure if I want this or a vengeance c70.

Its amazing. Seperates the psu and 2.5" from the rest of the pc! It is very big though...

Comment

• Originally posted by Salad Soup View Post
                                Its amazing. Seperates the psu and 2.5" from the rest of the pc! It is very big though...
                                It is the sheer size and watercooling capabilities that I love about it lol. I think it will be on my list of upgrades [emoji14] thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X