Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phill, wheres the pump on the custom loop mate?

Comment

• underneath the res
      i7 2600K @ 4.5| Asrock Z68 Extreme4| 16GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix |AMD R9 290| 120GB SSD |Win7 64bit

Comment

• I see it now bud thought I was going mad

Comment

• Yep under the res it is I've used these for awhile now and I'm always very pleased with them More rigs up tomorrow I hope but I am working tonight and tomorrow so I'll do my best!!

Comment

• Any chance off a link to the exact pump/res pal? its neat and tidy

Comment

• its a laing DDC 1T pump either 10 or 18w with an XSPC res top for it, heres a link to the top. Cant find a manufacturers link to the pump only competitors

http://www.xs-pc.com/products/laing-...for-laing-ddc/

ive got the same

i7 2600K @ 4.5| Asrock Z68 Extreme4| 16GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix |AMD R9 290| 120GB SSD |Win7 64bit

Comment

• Thanks for that

Comment

• Phill, I was about to ask if that little 350 was man enough for the job, then i saw the AX1200 in there - one extreme to the other ... was also going to ask what make, but i saw you mentioned enermax later - what do yo uthink to them ?
                  Last edited by Gunslinger; 20-04-13, 20:58.

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
                  - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

• got myself a new case ... the Fractal Design R4 . Just need a nice quiet PSU and one or two noctua case fans.

Intel I5 2500K | MSI GD65 | 16GB Blackline | Asus GTX 560Ti DirectCU II | Corsair A70 | Samsung SSD 250GB + 1TB Samsung F3 | Corsair RM650W | Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl | Windows 8 Pro + Ubuntu 14.04

Comment

• Tidy looking build, cable management has come a long way lately

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                        Tidy looking build, cable management has come a long way lately
                        thank you

I love cable management, I could spend hours doing it and with the R4 it is super duper easy

Intel I5 2500K | MSI GD65 | 16GB Blackline | Asus GTX 560Ti DirectCU II | Corsair A70 | Samsung SSD 250GB + 1TB Samsung F3 | Corsair RM650W | Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl | Windows 8 Pro + Ubuntu 14.04

Comment

• unfortunately, i dont like it, do spend hours doing it - and it never looks that good (antec P1xx range not so easy!)

Comment

• out of interest, I think you can take the guide rail part off the top of the drive cage in that picture.. gives a nice flat surface inside then. Allows that tiny bit more air to pass over from the front.

Very nice tidy build going on there..

Comment

unfortunately, i dont like it, do spend hours doing it - and it never looks that good (antec P1xx range not so easy!)
                              hahaha well some people love it and some hate it and those case are not easy

Originally posted by Moonchester View Post
                              out of interest, I think you can take the guide rail part off the top of the drive cage in that picture.. gives a nice flat surface inside then. Allows that tiny bit more air to pass over from the front.

Very nice tidy build going on there..
                              thank you . Well I am going to put the cage back it because I am getting some more drives at some point..

Comment

Phill, I was about to ask if that little 350 was man enough for the job, then i saw the AX1200 in there - one extreme to the other ... was also going to ask what make, but i saw you mentioned enermax later - what do yo uthink to them ?
                                Well depends on what PSU your after to find out mate!

I've owned a fair few and I will admit that these AX1200's are bloody fantastic I used to run a heavily overclocked i7 @ 4.6Ghz with 3 3Gb 580's in overclocked as well across three screens and that used to pull over 1000w without a problem.. Sadly since one of the screens I had decided not to play ball with me anymore (and after Dell replaced them free of charge the following day - I will say that the Dell Pc's are pants, but the service I had from when the monitor went, fantastic.) anyways I digress, I never heard its fan speed up, never heard it screaming for dear life, it just kept saying, is that it?? Come on!! And so on.. The PSU is amazing.. It's a shame I'll be changing it out for my next rig, but that's a little way off just now For a high end gaming rig, I really couldn't suggest anything less or else.. Even powering our boys PC's (pics and specs to come later) it still manages to draw so little power from the socket, even though its a 1200w unit!!

The Enermax on the other hand is a different kettle of fish.. Being only 350w its not going to run anything at all but with these AMD APU systems I use and have tested that PSU with, I'm extremely impressed. Another PSU that draws next to nothing with these systems and is so quiet whatever your doing with it. I was using it with a HTPC AMD rig I have, it was drawing around 15w whilst the PC was sat at the desktop playing some music..
                                Two completely different systems and two completely different PSU's.... But two very good PSU's and one's I'd recommend

Comment

Working...
                                X