R.I.P

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P

My faithfull ex Hiper Type R 580W died quietly in it's sleep.

Born in May 2006 it worked hard an provided excellent service.

As much as some of the Hiper PSU's had a reputation of going bang this one must have been one of the good ones
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

good service indeed mine went after 4 1/2 years and took out a motherboard

Comment

mine went in its sleep too, a long, long time ago

did well that unit dude
      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
      Plato

Comment

I think I actually had one of those back in the day, had to replace it after a few years (it died). Think mine had that metallic blue paint, that looked pretty cool. My Dad replaced it with some Jeantech 650w Chinese rubbish which somehow survived a few years before I replaced with an XFX 650W back in 2010.

Come to think of it, I'm still running that same XFX PSU in my rig now, almost 7 years later. Good effort XFX/Seasonic.

Comment

i had passed mine on to another person.

Went against all my better judgement and bought a CIT 550W 80+ Bronze PSU for 25

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=66199

Must admit very pleasantly surprised by the build quality...

Although 2 x 6+2 PCIE connectors on a 550W is asking for trouble imho.

And I am sure the warranty was showing as 2 years when I ordered it, but now showing 1...
          I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

This thread has moved me more than all the recent celebrity deaths. I'm off to light a candle for the succession of cheap power supplies that blew up on me in the late nineties.

All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

My 580w TypeR was my fave of all PSU's.
              The box it came in is awesome. The modular system was awesome.
              Mine died roughly a year ago, having been in my first ever own built PC, from roughly 2008
              Originally posted by coiler
              the trails is where life flows best
              Originally posted by coiler
              Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

My old hiper is still powering my old x58 system I sold to a mate, along with my old gtx770 and a couple of other bits. It has never missed a beat. He just uses it for videos etc.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Working...
                X