Probable PSU issue?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probable PSU issue?

Got a PC that runs fine but if shut down refuses to reboot.

The Motherboard has been swapped, The power switch has been swapped.

The PSU has been tested with a PSU tester and fires up every time!

But it just refuses to boot from a motherboard.

anything else I can test?
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

What happens if you turn the PSU off for 10 seconds and then turn it back on?

I have had a PC that has the same behaviour. Shut it down and it won't boot from the start button unless I turn it on and off.

It will reboot if I tell Windows to restart.

I ruled out the PSU by testing another one. Same result.

I have tried various things, but nothing works. I have just learned to live with it.

The real pain is that I can't tell the thing to turn itself on in the morning to do some housekeeping before I get to work.
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
    Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

It still won't start!

Changing the PSU seems to settle everything down.

As I said I've tried 2 different Boards etc.
      I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Comment

have you tried using the jumpers on the board to start it? could just be a loose wire on the start button on the case.

ive had this issue before and it was a loose wire in the 24 pin after swaping the 24 pin over it worked again no issues..
        Bitfenix shinobi Limited Germany edition. 3 spectre 120 & 2 spectre 140fans. Core i5 3570k ,msi z77a g45,8gb gskill sniper,infinity black edition gtx 970, samsung 840 120gb ssd, samsung F1 750gb, WD cavier black 500gb, seagate barcuda 1tb,+320gb, win 7 ultimate 64, acer 23" 3dG235H microsoft CC keyboard, logitech G500 mouse

Comment

With a different PSU it starts every time....

Comment

Working...
          X