Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pico PSU Advice

Hi all,

I'm running an Asus E35M1-M PRO with an SDD and HDD connected to my TV as a HTPC. My current PSU (Joujye FSP-180w) has been getting louder and louder so decided to replace it with a silent Pico PSU...

Pico PSU
    Power Adaptor

However, when I connect it the LED on the Motherboard light up but I can't power the system up. I've connected the 4 Pin and 24 Pin and everything as you should but nothing is happening.

Have I missed something blatantly obvious? As given how little I have connected that PSU should be ample

Any ideas would be appreciated!

That looks like a rather dodgy power supply, the pico PSU states 160W when your current PSU is 180W, then the power adapter is 10A at 12V which is only 120W. That's if you believe the specs are right.
    Might not be getting enough power to boot up.
    Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
    Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

Should still be more than enough power I thought! The whole system will draw well under 50W

So would you recommend a 12A 12.5V adaptor?

Comment

Fair enough, I've just had a look at the board and it should be able to run on that low power. Do you have an external graphics card?

So when you press the power button, what happens? Nothing at all, fans spin up, lights flash?
        Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
        Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

Nope, use integrated graphics. The only things that aren't part of the motherboard that are connected is an SSD, HDD and the RAM.

Nothing happens at all, however all the motherboard LED's are on and fully lit. I've even unplugged the HDD and taken a DIMM out to try that, even taken them out completely to see if they were a fault.

Been looking around and a 150W supply is nearly 60!!

Comment

Working...
          X