Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a moment I was worried you wanted a different video

Comment

right i've changed my mind yet again..................

now i think it is actaully the graphics card

at 14 secs moving to the PSU doesn't seem to increase the volume of the rattle

at 23 secs i got closer to the cpu and you can hear the cooler and the case fan to the left

but when focused/closer to the graphics card you can clearly hear the rattle

i've never fiddled with the card and never had any bother

Comment

press your finger gently to the middle of the offending fan, it should slow down/stop.. then you can be sure if it is that making the noise..

**please don't put your finger in the fan itself, that will hurt a bit..

Comment

ok, pretty simple to tell, unplug the gpu fan briefly, they don't have the same shutoff that the CPU does, but only briefly.

But yes, that sounds GPU'ish to me too, and it sounds constant, so you could also try adjusting the GPU fan in any software you have, and see if it changes, it sounds like something is catching

Edit:
          or stick a finger on the center of it

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
          - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

ill try it tonight

if it is the graphics card, what are peoples suggestions, RMA?

Comment

so i'm back to thinking PSU, did the finger tick on the case fans the cpu cooler and the 2x graphic card fans, noise remained, presumably then it has to be the PSU

nothing else could make that noise i presume?

i'll either fiddle with the PSU tongiht or this weekend depending if the GF wants/warrants attention tonight

Comment

next test i would probably try then is as we discussed earlier, if you can get it operating outside the case, then turn it over and see what happnes to the noise, just be aware, that your case is normally earthed through the PSU and removing it might remove that earth protection on your case

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"

Comment

So whats the safest way to do it?

Is there a way to turn the psu on on its own?

Comment

yes, there used to be, i see no reason why that will have changed, although some PSU's shut down due to no load

google psu paperclip trick and you should get plenty of pages showing you how to link 2 pins together to allow the psu to be powered outsiide the case, read a few to ensure the info matches.

I can't be too much more help, because i haven't used this method in a long long time, because i have a very simple psu tester, that does it for me

Comment

As always, thanks

Comment

no problem, i grabbed one of these a long time ago when they were stocked, for the small outlay, even though i've only used it a handful of times, it's been very useful

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=28384

Comment

Done paperclip test on my cx430m not long ago

Comment

Inverted the PSU

Definitely that

What's the process with RMA? I presume that's the advice

Comment

yeah, have a word with the guys in the relevant section here, however, official RMA process is through the shop/website not the forum, personally, i'd get your order details together and give someone a call, and see what they say.

Or mount it the other way up, and see if that fixes it, it should be well in date RMA wise even if you test it that way up for a little while, but it should work either way.

Comment

Working...
                              X