What size class is my PSU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size class is my PSU

So I have this PSU: https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=57197 purchased from Aria.

I am looking at a new case, as my current is a mess, but I'm confused on PSU sizes and what my PSU will fit in what case.
    GamingOnLinux.com - The number 1 Linux gaming community

it's just an ATX power supply? (normal/standard size).
    Mozt every case accepts an ATX power supply.

Other than custom built small ones inside small form factor PC's you can get SFX as small size.

Soma ATX ones are a bit longer with higher piowered units, but yours looks pretty much standard in every way.

Comment

Okay cool, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Banana View Post
        I am looking at a new case, as my current is a mess....
        How does a new case solve the mess?

Mine always look like a mess, partly because I'm always going in to fix and change things.

I can't see a new case making me any tidier.
        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
        Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

As I had to take the drive bay out of my current one to fit even a 560ti, and now i'm on a 970 (even bigger). So I have a HDD screwed in where it probably shouldn't be, and an SSD just laying on the bottom of it...not to mention the annoying as **** dvd bay with one of those "flaps" that flops down.

Comment

an SSD just laying on the bottom of it...
            I thought that was the idea. Leave it dangling in mid air. Better cooling.

When I get my next case – some time soon – I'll go for one of those with the SSD bolted on the side of the HDD cage.

My cases don't even have USB3 ports on the front!
            Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
            Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
            Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Well I'm looking at this one https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=63102

Enough space for my 970, SSD and my HDD.

Edit > ordered it now.
              Last edited by Mr Banana; 25-05-15, 11:18.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelkenward View Post
                How does a new case solve the mess?

Mine always look like a mess, partly because I'm always going in to fix and change things.

I can't see a new case making me any tidier.
                I thought it was just me lol
                My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Well I'm looking at this one https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=63102

Enough space for my 970, SSD and my HDD.

Edit > ordered it now.

Looks like a real nice case.

Comment

to answer the first question (probably again lol) ... It's an ATX unit (160 x 150 x 86)

Full Specs can be found here (BeQuiet are really good at releasing info)
                    http://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/251

It'll be good to see some pictures from that case with your build in it, to give an idea of the space etc in that layout
                    Last edited by Gunslinger; 25-05-15, 12:00.

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
                    - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

Thank you everyone, very much appreciated.

Comment

no problem, any time

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
                        - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

Originally posted by le4thab View Post
                          Looks like a real nice case.
                          Yes. I'm tempted. Makes a change from those black boxes at each end of my desk.

I'd like to see a picture of it populated though. Does it have places for SSDs? Or do they just stack in the 2.5-inch slots?

Comment

I removed my drive cages for better airflow [emoji14] HDD is ghetto'ed into a 5.25" drive bay (too cheap to buy the adaptor) and ssd is taped behind the mobo tray cable managment is pretty good if I do say so myself

Comment

Originally posted by EthanKing View Post
                              I removed my drive cages for better airflow [emoji14] HDD is ghetto'ed into a 5.25" drive bay (too cheap to buy the adaptor) and ssd is taped behind the mobo tray cable managment is pretty good if I do say so myself
                              What tape have you been using? I haven't found any that's really that strong to hold something down like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X