Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New highend PSU

Hello,

I'm going to upgrade in the next month or so but keep with the same mobo. Will probably end up on high end tri SLI with mild overclocking. I want to get the PSU first and grade some CPUs before I get new graphics cards. Might even hold off on the graphics card until something with a signiciant step up from 780Ti's come along.

Case is CM HAF XB so should take most sizes up to 180mm. Tempted by the AX1200i but it's 200mm long - bit annoyed that with such a large case there isn't room for it. I'm interested if you have recommendations for anything else. Items in sig will still be present, might even get a third 780Ti until something juicy comes along from nvidia. Plan is to go 4K gaming.

Just put my current setup into PSU Calc at 100% load with a third Ti and a 1.4v 260W TDP overclock on the CPU (yeah sure but I wanted the max recommended).

Minimum PSU Wattage: 1085 W
    Recommended
    PSU Wattage:
    I reckon 70A for the GPU's and 25A for CPU/mobo/fans - surely that can't be right ???

Edit: yes about right so AX1200i looks like it is. Apparantly fits the HAF XB but it is tight:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1329750/o...#post_21703500

Er looks like I have decided will probably be a week before I buy so let me know if you think something better fits the bill.

Thanks,
    Al
    Last edited by albal; 09-01-15, 10:24. Reason: Added PSU Current
    Some people are inspired by you, others you seek to inspire but some people just make you want to stab yourself.
    P9X79 Deluxe | 4930K | H110i | 64GB TridentX 1866 | 3TB Samsung Evo | 2x EVGA SC 780Ti | Dual Asus PB258Q | Sirus 5.1 | Corsair K70 & M65

Monster PSU, had mine drawing 1400w without issue. Triple 290X is super power hungry

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Fitting new PSU on the weekend - it is a very tight fit. In fact I've not got it screwed fully in. Awesome PSU though. Third GTX in the post today. Betters sell off some of my other kit soon to fund it.

Cheers,
      Al
      Some people are inspired by you, others you seek to inspire but some people just make you want to stab yourself.
      P9X79 Deluxe | 4930K | H110i | 64GB TridentX 1866 | 3TB Samsung Evo | 2x EVGA SC 780Ti | Dual Asus PB258Q | Sirus 5.1 | Corsair K70 & M65

Comment

lol, there are a couple of makes that spring to mind in the large psu market place, Seasonic, and Leadex units from Superflower

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
        - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

Just re-cased my system into a Carbide Air. Nice case shame the paint scratches to easily :-(

Moved to a H110i whilst i was at it. East transfer took about 90 minutes. Much better setup, now h100i is not infront of 3 780Ti's ;-)

Should sell some stuff really.....

Comment

yeah, lots of space and options in the Air case, could probably even get the cooler into the other side with the drives and PSU if i remember correctly, keeping it and the GPU's completely seperate

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
            - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

Working...
            X