evga 430w

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evga 430w

hi everyone, been a while since I last posted. gf's computer has stopped powering on, I suspect its the power supply and I've order a jump start adapter off the 'bay to test it, should be here by monday at the latest. but looking into replacements and I seen this for 30 quid at a competitors so thinking of going for that. is it a good unit? want it to last the useful life of the computer this time. its powering a celeron and a gt 8600 so not drawing a lot of power.
    Gaming PC: GTX 680 | FX-8320 | 12GB | Asus Crosshair Formula IV | Crucial BX100 250gb and OCZ Agility 3 60gb |1.5tb Storage| Fractal Design Arc R2 | Enermax 700w | Custom Watercooling
    Laptop: HP Elitebook 2570p - i5 2.8Ghz, 8gb Phone: Huawei P8

Have you tried turning the computer off at the mains?

One of my PCs is exhibiting truly odd behaviour.

If I power it down, it does the usual thing. Just stops.

But if I press the power button on the PC, or use Wake on Lan, all the fans start, but the PC does not boot.

It will boot if I turn off the power switch for 10 seconds, and then turn it on and use the power button.

It isn't the PSU. I tried two.
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
    Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Cold boot issue?

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post
        Cold boot issue?
        Who is that addressed to? A Ginger Sheep?
        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
        Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Some motherboards have those kinds of problems, ME, and they are generally referred to as 'cold boot' problems. If it's not the PSU it's almost certainly the board. You may be able to fix it with some changes to BIOS settings, or a BIOS update (always a last resort).

To answer the original question, the EVGA 430 seems to be made by an OEM called HEC which I don't really know anything much about. Personally I'd spend a little more for one of the low end XFX PSUs which are based on Seasonic units, and therefore made of win, but if you wanted to save a little money the EVGA would probably do the job.

Comment

yeah its either the board or psu but im getting absolutely nothing from the pc so im banking on it being the psu. I should now when I get this adapter in a few days time to jump start the psu, if it turns on its a motherboard issue, if not then the psu is dead.
            Gaming PC: GTX 680 | FX-8320 | 12GB | Asus Crosshair Formula IV | Crucial BX100 250gb and OCZ Agility 3 60gb |1.5tb Storage| Fractal Design Arc R2 | Enermax 700w | Custom Watercooling
            Laptop: HP Elitebook 2570p - i5 2.8Ghz, 8gb Phone: Huawei P8

Comment

Working...
            X