Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheMadDutchDude
    replied
    Perhaps contact the place of purchase (assuming here) and see what they say. I'd ring up though as it's quicker.

Leave a comment:

• Clewis09
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the fan itself and I am not sure whether they'd honour that as it does still work fine. You can always try, though.
    True, but during gaming the psu is the loudest part of the pc.

Leave a comment:

• TheMadDutchDude
    replied
    There's nothing wrong with the fan itself and I am not sure whether they'd honour that as it does still work fine. You can always try, though.

Leave a comment:

• Clewis09
    replied
    Hi guys, update here.

PSU fan blocked

Psu fan unblocked

I really doubt a PSU fan should be making that much noise. Time to rma?

Leave a comment:

• Clewis09
    replied
    Will try tomorrow morning guys, thanks for the suggestions!

Leave a comment:

• coiler
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
    More importantly, does the noise stop when you manually stop the fan? I forgot to post that. If you jam the fan so it doesn't spin at all for a few seconds, what happens? Note: Do NOT push something far into it, just enough to stop the fan from spinning, ideally at start up when the fan isn't moving to begin with.

THIS!

Insert pen, turn on PC, is noise gone?

Leave a comment:

• Gunslinger
    replied
    can't imagine which other part of the PSU might make that noise, sure as hell isn't like any coil whine i've heard, and too high a frequency to be transformer related, and too uniform to be capacitor related, similar thoughts to coil whine, weakest part of some seasonic units is the fan, they'd be better off using bequiet silent wings

LOL yes, a pen would be my choice too, but you just never know with people these days !!

Leave a comment:

• TheMadDutchDude
    replied
    Don't be silly, something like a pen would be my first choice. Something that will not conduct electricity!

Leave a comment:

• Gunslinger
    replied
    i'm 99% certain pain involving a finger is likely to be the result of this test

Leave a comment:

• TheMadDutchDude
    replied
    It's merely to determine whether it's the fan or another part of the PSU making that noise.

I'm 99% confident that it is the fan, though.

Leave a comment:

• Gunslinger
    replied
    I think i know where he's going with this, but i'm not sure of the methodology in the testing

Leave a comment:

• TheMadDutchDude
    replied
    More importantly, does the noise stop when you manually stop the fan? I forgot to post that. If you jam the fan so it doesn't spin at all for a few seconds, what happens? Note: Do NOT push something far into it, just enough to stop the fan from spinning, ideally at start up when the fan isn't moving to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• Gunslinger
    replied
    yup, sounds like a bearing, only other thing i've heard sound like that has been a sticker on a fan lifting and catching the air, before then catcing on the grill causing that noise, how does it sound/behave when it powers down ?

Leave a comment:

• coiler
    replied
    subbed to watch later with sound

Leave a comment:

• Clewis09
    replied
    Originally posted by Chaz View Post
    Yeah, just hope they dont pass it on to XFX
    Gaben be with me!

Leave a comment:

Working...