GA-H61M-DS2 Power Supply

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-H61M-DS2 Power Supply

I have a Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 motherboard. The pc kept powering off and resetting today every time the PC did anything too tasking. I tried to reinstall windows but the problem persisted so I'm putting it down to a dodgy psu. The current psu is 250 watts. My current setup has a quad core CPU, integrated graphics, bluray drive and three hdds attached. I disconnected everything apart from the CPU and memory but now when I boot I'm getting no signal at all to the monitor. The pc seems to power up (no beeps) and the fan on the CPU and psu seem to be working. Any ideas?

Did you unplug any power cables from the motherboard?
    ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
      Did you unplug any power cables from the motherboard?
      Yes, originally removed the psu and then decided to work backwards and start again in case it was something else. At the moment the only thing plugged in is the CPU and memory ( neither of which were removed). The motherboard has the 24 pin And 4 pin power cable attached plus the power for the CPU fan. All the other motherboard cables are as they were ie pwr etc.

Comment

Originally posted by leestaunton View Post
        Yes, originally removed the psu and then decided to work backwards and start again in case it was something else. At the moment the only thing plugged in is the CPU and memory ( neither of which were removed). The motherboard has the 24 pin And 4 pin power cable attached plus the power for the CPU fan. All the other motherboard cables are as they were ie pwr etc.
        It was the psu, ordered a replacement, Fitted today and all running fine again. Standard psu fitted was 250 watts so hardly surprising if went kaput.

Comment

Sorry that I didn't get back to you! I completely forgot.

I'm glad that it's sorted though. I had a suspicion that it would be the power supply. It's hardly surprising really.
          ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Yup a 250w PSU is quite likely either very old or very budget, I don't think we currently stock anything less than 400W. Glad you got it sorted anyway .

Comment

Working...
            X