Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battle of the Titans!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Battle of the Titans!!!!!!!

    Hi guys.


    When you think of high end PSU's there really are only two options on the market.


    Corsair AX1500i PSU or the Antec HCP 1300w.


    Decisions can be a difficult thing, which is best?


    There isn't really an definitive answer here, as both units are so excellent.
    This is proven by the Johnny Guru reviews.


    Antec HCP 1300w review 9.9 out of 10. Lost 0.1 of a point purely down a a limited manual


    Corsair AX1500i review 10 out 10.



    So based on the actual products both scored a 10 out 10 ignoring the manuals.


    There are other reviews on both of these units and all the reviews are very similiar in nature loving both products as top class amazing units.


    So what do this mean? Well it means that the best two PSU's on the market are Corsair AX1500i or the Antec HCP 1300w. Both units offer 80 Plus Platinum efficiency and both units offer enough power for 99.9% of users needs.


    So which one should you pick? I would suggest that this would boil down to pricing now.
    Corsair AX1500i PSU price is around 329.99
    Antec HCP 1300w PSU price is around 209.99



    In regards to this the Antec is the clear winner, however you may have 1 more question, the Antec is only 1300w and the Corsair is 1500w. YES, that is the official rating, firstly I would ask you to question whether your system needs more than 1300w of power, and secondly un-offfically our 1300w PSU can typically pull over 1400w of power safely, but Antec do not officially confirm that that figure, as they like to be conservative, but reviews and testing has shown that they can pull over that.


    I would suggest that based on pricing and product quality combined that the Antec is the clear winner of the best high end PSU on the market purely down to all things considered.


    Also Corsair seem to be having stock availability issues at the moment which also helps with the decision of which behemoth PSU should you buy!

  • #2
    Seasonic X-1250



    Hard to get hold of though in the UK, admittedly.

    Comment


    • #3
      Aren't some of the Enermax units pretty highly rated as well?

      Comment


      • #4
        Granted the Seasonix X 1250w unit is a great product too, but in terms of all out performance, it falls short of the Antec and Corsair as its only 80 Plus Gold efficient and is around the same price as the Antec 1300w HCP which is Platinum grade.

        But the Seasonic is a good product too.
        Last edited by acemodder; 19-06-14, 12:33.

        Comment


        • #5
          Silverstone do a 1500W, although I believe it's only silver rated. Not sure on price either.

          Thread moved to Power Supplies
          --
          Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

          Comment


          • #6
            ax1500 I reckon
            Gaming PC:i5 2500k|MSI Mpower Z77 | Kingston HyperX Grey 8GB 1600MHZ | ThermalTake Frio | MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III 2GB Crossfire | Samsung 840 PRO 250GB SSD | XFX Pro 850W Modular PSU | Corsair 600t Case

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by acemodder View Post
              Hi guys.


              When you think of high end PSU's there really are only two options on the market.


              Corsair AX1500i PSU or the Antec HCP 1300w.


              Decisions can be a difficult thing, which is best?


              There isn't really an definitive answer here, as both units are so excellent.
              This is proven by the Johnny Guru reviews.


              Antec HCP 1300w review 9.9 out of 10. Lost 0.1 of a point purely down a a limited manual


              Corsair AX1500i review 10 out 10.



              So based on the actual products both scored a 10 out 10 ignoring the manuals.


              There are other reviews on both of these units and all the reviews are very similiar in nature loving both products as top class amazing units.


              So what do this mean? Well it means that the best two PSU's on the market are Corsair AX1500i or the Antec HCP 1300w. Both units offer 80 Plus Platinum efficiency and both units offer enough power for 99.9% of users needs.


              So which one should you pick? I would suggest that this would boil down to pricing now.
              Corsair AX1500i PSU price is around 329.99
              Antec HCP 1300w PSU price is around 209.99



              In regards to this the Antec is the clear winner, however you may have 1 more question, the Antec is only 1300w and the Corsair is 1500w. YES, that is the official rating, firstly I would ask you to question whether your system needs more than 1300w of power, and secondly un-offfically our 1300w PSU can typically pull over 1400w of power safely, but Antec do not officially confirm that that figure, as they like to be conservative, but reviews and testing has shown that they can pull over that.


              I would suggest that based on pricing and product quality combined that the Antec is the clear winner of the best high end PSU on the market purely down to all things considered.


              Also Corsair seem to be having stock availability issues at the moment which also helps with the decision of which behemoth PSU should you buy!
              There are other psu's that can do all those 2 do and they are platinum rated.
              Corsair 900D, Superflower 1200watt Platinum PSU, ASUS Z97 Ranger MB , Intel 4790K, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, Corsair H100i, 16gig Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz, Samsung 850 (500gig), WD 2tb, Pioneer 206DBK BluRay writer, Windows 10, Dell 2715U.

              Comment


              • #8
                so... other than pimping jonyguru was there a point to this thread?


                oh, evga supernova all the way too
                "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                Plato

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by marsey99 View Post
                  so... other than pimping jonyguru was there a point to this thread?


                  oh, evga supernova all the way too
                  un-offfically our 1300w PSU
                  Screams desperate marketing to me

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'd have to vote for the AXi. It's just an utterly brilliant unit and you cannot go wrong with it at all.

                    Oh, for what it's worth. The AXi is close to Titanium in its power efficiency rating, not just Platinum.

                    It does just seem like a website pimp though. *sigh*
                    ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by acemodder View Post
                      Granted the Seasonix X 1250w unit is a great product too, but in terms of all out performance, it falls short of the Antec and Corsair as its only 80 Plus Gold efficient and is around the same price as the Antec 1300w HCP which is Platinum grade.

                      But the Seasonic is a good product too.
                      Enermax, Superflower, Zalaman, Seasonic but to name a few all do platinum psu's rated at 1250 and above.
                      Corsair 900D, Superflower 1200watt Platinum PSU, ASUS Z97 Ranger MB , Intel 4790K, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, Corsair H100i, 16gig Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz, Samsung 850 (500gig), WD 2tb, Pioneer 206DBK BluRay writer, Windows 10, Dell 2715U.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Aria have never really stocked a great deal of Antec power supplies over the last few years, I have no idea why I do rate them.

                        I did have one once, about, mmmmm, 8 years ago, and it was good.

                        On the flip side I have heard several stories of Corsair's lower end PSU's going faulty, (particularly the CX range) but the top end HX+ seem to be solid.

                        That being said, mine for example is ok, but it has a faulty temp guage which is annoying as it runs the fan up and down at random times for no reason, I don't want to RMA it, chances are after the hassle of taking it out and posting etc, it would stay quiet and fail the RMA request.
                        GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I've got an Antec 750W I think (might be 720?)... but it only has 1 pair of PCIe connectors
                          --
                          Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Toonshorty View Post
                            Screams desperate marketing to me

                            now he has updated his sig this thread makes so much more sense
                            "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                            Plato

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Dont have a great history with antec or their customer services.

                              True power neo power supplies all broke, wouldnt replace cables on modular units either without silly prices.

                              Had the 620 kuhler and it was ok for the money.

                              Wouldnt buy anymore antec psu though, high end seasonic, corsair or enermax.

                              Freedom isn't free"



                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X