Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walsh
    replied
    I believe he was confusing the 8pin connection on the PSU end of the modular PCI-E cable with an 8pin cpu power connector, thinking it was reversible to work as one.

Leave a comment:

• scrivz69
    replied
    A photo of what you are trying to do might help mate, even I am confused and that don't take a lot to do.

Leave a comment:

• Akki007
    replied
    hmm, think I figured it out. I was wrong about the CPU power - thats not modular. The 4+4 CPU & PCI-e connector is a single connector - I can use the PCI-e cable with the 8 pin (2 blank) PSU connection.

I think. it hasnt blown up yet so all good.

Leave a comment:

• Akki007
    started a topic Corsair CX430M with HD7770...help

Corsair CX430M with HD7770...help

Hi lovely folks. I'm trying to get up and running with my XFX HD7770 card with my Corsair CX430M PSU.... here goes

The card has a standard 6 pin PCI-E power connection. sorted.

The PSU has a 6 pin PCI-E cable. Sorted. Only, on the other end of it, it has an 8 pin "type 3" connection that has two empty pins at one end??

The PSU has two empty connections -

6 pin PCI-e and 8 pin '4+4 CPU' (the 4+4 CPU cable actually had a 6 pin connector at the other end for the PSU)

So, if that makes any sense... can I use the 6 pin PCI-E cable with the 8 pin (2 blanks) on the other end in the 4+4 CPU slot on the PSU???
Working...
X