Corsair CX430M with HD7770...help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair CX430M with HD7770...help

Hi lovely folks. I'm trying to get up and running with my XFX HD7770 card with my Corsair CX430M PSU.... here goes

The card has a standard 6 pin PCI-E power connection. sorted.

The PSU has a 6 pin PCI-E cable. Sorted. Only, on the other end of it, it has an 8 pin "type 3" connection that has two empty pins at one end??

The PSU has two empty connections -

6 pin PCI-e and 8 pin '4+4 CPU' (the 4+4 CPU cable actually had a 6 pin connector at the other end for the PSU)

So, if that makes any sense... can I use the 6 pin PCI-E cable with the 8 pin (2 blanks) on the other end in the 4+4 CPU slot on the PSU???

hmm, think I figured it out. I was wrong about the CPU power - thats not modular. The 4+4 CPU & PCI-e connector is a single connector - I can use the PCI-e cable with the 8 pin (2 blank) PSU connection.

I think. it hasnt blown up yet so all good.

Comment

A photo of what you are trying to do might help mate, even I am confused and that don't take a lot to do.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

I believe he was confusing the 8pin connection on the PSU end of the modular PCI-E cable with an 8pin cpu power connector, thinking it was reversible to work as one.

Comment

Working...
        X