X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair Cx600 V2 just died :(

Tripped the whole house....

My 24/7 server wouldn't boot even thought the onboard power buttons are lit

Swapped it out for my spare PSU (Antique Hiper 580 Type R) and everything is back up and running again.

Tested with my PSU tester it powers up and straight off

Time for advance RMA with Corsair.

Anyone know if I need the original Invoice number?

it was bought through Aria back in 06/11

http://forums.aria.co.uk/showthread....29-99-Inc-VAT!
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Just sorted out an RMA with corsair 5 year warranty on my PSU no invoice was needed but I packed it any way.

Comment

Thanks, I know they will ship out a replacement , do they also collect the defective unit?
      I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Comment

I had to ship it at my own cost 18 with parcels2go to the Netherlands, if your desperate for a replacement they can ship you one before you have sent your one you will need to give some card details for security.

Comment

Ouch, I only paid 30 for it in the first place lol.

Been a good psu but surpised it failed so early in it's life.

I wouldn't mind it wasn't exactly under full load either.

Comment

I think if you contact corsair before sending you can get a prepaid postage label for it. I've had to send stuff back twice and haven't paid a penny for postage either time.

Comment

They are cheap though, a lot of the cx400 failed, hence me arguing with lots of people in other threads when people would recommend them.

The cooler master gx were much better, higher rated, single rail and felt a lot heavier.

Buy cheap buy twice, theynarent even in the same league as corsair hx.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Originally posted by Mokey View Post
                I think if you contact corsair before sending you can get a prepaid postage label for it. I've had to send stuff back twice and haven't paid a penny for postage either time.
                now you tell me.... Paid to return my Vengance Ram when the heatsink fell off

Comment

I had asked this was the reply
                  Created By: Jacob TS (10/11/2013 9:21 AM)
                  Hello. We do not cover postage unless you are within 30 days. or this is your second PSU. For an express rma you will need to contact customer service at 1-888-222-4346

I would be annoyed if they made me pay postage and I could have got it free.

Comment

If you only paid 30 for it i would'nt bother with a RMA. It will cost at least half that to ship it to them and it's a poor psu. It only has 480w on the 12v rails which is pathetic for a so called 600w psu. It makes the rest up on the minor rails where it's not really needed these days just like the cheap generic ones do. It has cheap internals and i would never recommend a CX series unit to anyone. The original CX400 was a quality unit built by Seasonic. They built their reputation with quality builds then once established swapped to cheaper, inferior units while keeping the prices high. You then have to ship to the Netherlands for a RMA if anything goes wrong. All these factors taken into account and it is highly unlikely that i would ever buy a Corsair psu.
                    i5-4670k@4.5Ghz, Asus Maximus VI Hero, 16GB Samsung Green 2133Mhz@9-10-10-21/1N, Sandisk Extreme 240GB SSD, Crucial M500 240GB SSD, 1TB Hitachi 7K1000C, Seasonic G series 750w, EVGA GTX780 FTW ACX Watercooling / Pump 2x AquaXtreme 50z / CPU EK Supreme HF / GPU XSPC Rasa VGA / 25cm XSPC Passive res / Rads, Thermochill PA120.3 + CG360

Comment

well a few months on the new PSU's fan is now intermittently making grinding noises

Comment

Sounds like a diesel!

Comment

Such terrible units. Corsair use cheap OEMs for their CX range and their "rating" can't be trusted.
                          ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

I did say these were dirt cheap and nasty ages ago and recommended the coolermaster gx range instead but got shot down by the corsair hardcore.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

I guess it will be back to Aria again...

Comment

Working...
                              X