Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec me a nice psu

Got my parts on order just stuck on what psu you to get

I should mention it does not have to be moduler believe me I'm a pro at hiding cables (OCD and to much time on my hands)

I'm just running a i7 (none k)╣
    7870 (no crossfire of sli ever)
    Ssd
    Hdd
    Air coolers only
    1 pci being used for wireless card

I was looking at the be quite none moduler 700watt psu on aria for the price it seems like a steel and iv used there psu before mostly the dark power range

I will be adding a extra ssd and hdd to the build for my Linux side of things

╣because I spent no money on a case the money saved allowed me to go to an i7...Due to my past I did run a lot of vm ware and being a tattooist and graphic designer I thought the extra boost in cpu power the i7 would be better than a i5 for graphical based software and 3d rendering

* swapped my ps3 for a raven rs03 XD Dam sexy case only thing missing from case is 1 of the rear hdd caddys and the top 120mm still nothing that effects the case performance

700W seems way overkill to me.... nice PSU but too much power.

The XFX 550W would be plenty, https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=53990 but I'd probably grab one of these Seasonics which are a bargain atm : https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...roductId=56616
    --
    Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

yeah spaceboy is spot on 550w is plenty, an with component using less an less power each generation, it should last many upgrades

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

OK 550watt it is thanks guyz

Comment

If you want the best, go for a Seasonic. Here's a 550W modular with 80plus gold:
          https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=57066
          Main Rig: A8 7670k @4.5GHz // Gigabyte F2A88-XM D3H // 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz // Sapphire Nitro R9 380 // Samsung 850 250GB // Samsung F3 500GB // EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 // Dell U2312HM // Zowie EC2
          Dell Inspiron 15 Special Edition:
          i7 3612QM // 6GB RAM // 7730M // Samsung 840 250GB // Backlit K/B // 1080p Panel // Soundblaster Evo Wireless

Comment

Yeah as above, I seem to remember you said something about liking cabling well that modular one will make that a whole lot easier.
            Originally posted by jointhedotz
            I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

SeaSonic one is the one I'm ordering..Again thank you guys.

All that leaves now is a air cooler but that can wait

Comment

Working...
              X