Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haswell-ready(C6/C7 Power States) psu worth it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haswell-ready(C6/C7 Power States) psu worth it?

Doing my first build:
    I have a single graphic card, have a Haswell processor, namely i7-4770. I am not planning to OC and it looks like 550W psu would suit my needs.

I have seen new power supplies supporting C6/C7 power saving states. My question is, is it worth it to spend more on the psu so it would be Haswell-ready or is it not going to make a difference for a system like mine?

Here's a review of C6/7 Power states

http://www.legitreviews.com/what-ena...ell-cpu_2217/3

One thing they say is most motherboards have it disabled by the manufacturer.

Comment

it is turned off in the bios at default so your board works with all psu.

the way i see it, you're better to have an not need than need and not have.

i use it and tbh it causes me no issues and has my pc off when i leave it and its back on in a flash when i return.
      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
      Plato

Comment

will the power saving state being enabled have any effect on overclocking considerations?

Comment

at the very extreme it might, but for extreme ocing all power saving is off anyway.

i am running with it on and a 4.4ghz oc on my 4770k and its fine dude
          "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
          Plato

Comment

Originally posted by marsey99 View Post
            at the very extreme it might, but for extreme ocing all power saving is off anyway.

i am running with it on and a 4.4ghz oc on my 4770k and its fine dude
            thnks for the info, im only gna be running a mild Oc atm, (with stock fan for now) so il enable it then (Y)

Comment

Working...
            X