Recommend me a PSU?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a PSU?

Need a new, cheap, reliable PSU very soon.

I plan to upgrade to a FX 6350 and a HD 7850 in the next 12 months, might do some overclocking too

What PSU should i get? Been looking at the CX600M from Corsair but i wonder if there is anything cheaper with the same features?

Thanks

Core i7 4790K | ASUS Z97-AR | Ballistix Sport 16GB | Patriot Blast 120GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | Silverstone TJ07

That's probably the cheapest you'll get. Don't skimp on a PSU though. You'll regret it.

The PSU you've selected should be fine at stock but don't expect to overclock it immensely high.
    ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
      That's probably the cheapest you'll get. Don't skimp on a PSU though. You'll regret it.

The PSU you've selected should be fine at stock but don't expect to overclock it immensely high.
      I've learned not to skimp on a power supply, hence the dead EZCOOL and luckily i still have a PC.

Borrowing my mates Cooler Master 500W PSU for now.

Guess i'll just save up for the CX600M, thanks dude

Core i7 4790K | ASUS Z97-AR | Ballistix Sport 16GB | Patriot Blast 120GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | Silverstone TJ07

Comment

Recommend me a PSU?

A good psu is probably the most important part.

A good psu will save you money in the long run as its probably the only part u won't have to upgrade for a good 5 years.

Corsair make good psus. I'd try to bump up to a tx if your budget allows.
        Intel i5 4670k | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | G-skill Sniper 8gb | EVGA ​670 FTW + KFA 670 EX OC | Crucial M4 128gb | Noctua NH-D14| Silverstone Raven 2| Corsair tx 650w

Comment

Originally posted by Supermoose View Post
          A good psu is probably the most important part.

A good psu will save you money in the long run as its probably the only part u won't have to upgrade for a good 5 years.

Corsair make good psus. I'd try to bump up to a tx if your budget allows.
          +1, A TX 650w would be ideal.
          https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=53134

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=54319
          CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

I would take a look at the XFX psu's. All are made by Seasonic, argueably the best OEM for psu's.
            i5-4670k@4.5Ghz, Asus Maximus VI Hero, 16GB Samsung Green 2133Mhz@9-10-10-21/1N, Sandisk Extreme 240GB SSD, Crucial M500 240GB SSD, 1TB Hitachi 7K1000C, Seasonic G series 750w, EVGA GTX780 FTW ACX Watercooling / Pump 2x AquaXtreme 50z / CPU EK Supreme HF / GPU XSPC Rasa VGA / 25cm XSPC Passive res / Rads, Thermochill PA120.3 + CG360

Comment

I had a look at the XFX PSU's but the modular ones are a bit pricey.
              The non-mod 550W is a bargain though and should power the above fine.
              --
              Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

XFX PSU's are good, but their customer support is bad. There is also no option for Advanced RMA's etc.
                Last edited by Zaim; 31-05-13, 16:55.
                CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

Okay, changed things abit, getting a EVGA GTX660 instead... Will that be around the same power consumption as the 7850?

What about the Cooler Master GX series?

Comment

Similar power consumption.
                    GX series aren't great tbh, similar to the Corsair CX... decent enough but still on the budget end.
                    --
                    Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy View Post
                      Similar power consumption.
                      GX series aren't great tbh, similar to the Corsair CX... decent enough but still on the budget end.
                      Oh right :/ it will do though? Same with the CX series? I'm on a tight budget haha

Just wish there was something excellent for around 40-50

Comment

53 gets you the XFX 550W. That's what I'd buy tbh even if the CX600 comes in at 51.

Imo the XFX is a much better quality unit, and you'll have RMA through Aria for the first year anyway

Those are the 2 best choices in my opinion around the 50 mark.

You could "get away" with the CX500M which is modular, but it'll give you less wiggle room for overclocking.
                        --

Comment

I've found the XFX 550W for 41.99 delivered.
                          However, this is not with Aria, so you won't have one-year's RMA with Aria unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Peach View Post
                            I've found the XFX 550W for 41.99 delivered.
                            However, this is not with Aria, so you won't have one-year's RMA with Aria unfortunately.
                            I've found Aria's RMA to be poor anyway, and on my first experience but oh well...

Nice price!

I'll look into it Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyovyick View Post
                              I've found Aria's RMA to be poor anyway, and on my first experience but oh well...

Nice price!

I'll look into it Cheers!
                              I can assure you, it was probably a one-off.
                              Aria's RMA is actually pretty swift, (I am new to the forums, however not to the company).

Comment

Working...
                              X