omg AX860 goes pop after an hour or less :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cosford View Post
    Not so sure a single cap blowing on one power supply throws the quality of all their psu's out the window. lol.
    Maybe not, but it dont inspire confidence does it

Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
    Agreed, Cosford.

It was just really unfortunate and perhaps you need to look into the possibility of dirty power as stated above. Do you use a surge protector or anything of the likes? I've had Corsair RAM turn up with one DOA stick, it never threw me off of buying another Corsair product because DOA products happen, and Corsair are AWESHUM!
    Yes i do mate, and im not putting this down to dirty power or surges or spike for the simple reason nothing else so much as blew a fuse, nevermind go bang, and my OCZ have survived all these years, so putting this down to simple bad luck, anyway its on its way back now, just hope lightning dont strike twice, or il be the first to think its just me
    Last edited by TAZ007; 08-04-13, 10:31.

Comment

Originally posted by TAZ007 View Post
      Maybe not, but it dont inspire confidence does it
      Have to agree to some extent. I have built several systems (and owned several more) this is the first one I have ever used a corsair power supply before and I have an intermittent problem with either the heat sensor or something similar which is causing the fan to spin up to 100% at random times for no reason - its not critical and otherwise it works fine, but anoying none the less.

Its the first issue I have ever had with any power supply before inc cheapo generic ones.

I guess its one of those things like anything, luck or whatever and Im sure in general corsair make very good psu's however if its the first time you have had one and its not perfect, its quite natural to to lose confidence in a brand.
      GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

Tbh I lost faith in Corsair after the pile of junk I had from them blew out 2 4870s and 2 8800GTs (with video proof) and they completely refused to even cover return postage, which meant it would have cost less for a new one. Never buying anything from them again.
        Dell Vostro 3560 | Intel Core i5-3380M | 8GB RAM | HD4000 graphics | Sandisk SSDPlus 120GB | Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Re: omg AX860 goes pop after an hour or less

Brands I've had bad experience with puts me off them. E.g I would never reccommend a Coolermaster power supply after one I had blew a motherboard, graphics card and a hard drive.

Same with Corsair, after a friend had problems with her CX600 I wouldn't reccommend them again tbh.
          Main Rig: A8 7670k @4.5GHz // Gigabyte F2A88-XM D3H // 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz // Sapphire Nitro R9 380 // Samsung 850 250GB // Samsung F3 500GB // EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 // Dell U2312HM // Zowie EC2
          Dell Inspiron 15 Special Edition:
          i7 3612QM // 6GB RAM // 7730M // Samsung 840 250GB // Backlit K/B // 1080p Panel // Soundblaster Evo Wireless

Comment

Everyone has had issue's with components regardless of Brand, I've heard of Seasonic X series PSU's failing, it happens its one of those things.

Originally posted by Sarky View Post
            Brands I've had bad experience with puts me off them. E.g I would never reccommend a Coolermaster power supply after one I had blew a motherboard, graphics card and a hard drive.

Same with Corsair, after a friend had problems with her CX600 I wouldn't reccommend them again tbh.
            The CX Range or all Corsair PSU's ?
            CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

Originally posted by Zaim View Post
              The CX Range or all Corsair PSU's ?
              The CX range. Not had any other experience with Corsair so it would be unfair to judge
              Main Rig: A8 7670k @4.5GHz // Gigabyte F2A88-XM D3H // 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz // Sapphire Nitro R9 380 // Samsung 850 250GB // Samsung F3 500GB // EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 // Dell U2312HM // Zowie EC2
              Dell Inspiron 15 Special Edition:
              i7 3612QM // 6GB RAM // 7730M // Samsung 840 250GB // Backlit K/B // 1080p Panel // Soundblaster Evo Wireless

Comment

Had a HX650watt, was solid when i owned it

cx 430 and cx 500 both been stable

But saying that iv'e never had a faulty PSU

Best Thermal Paste 2017 Comparison

Comment

Have built a total of 7 PC's with CX500's and 4 with CX430's in. One of the 500's went about 9 months down the line, but it's the only issues I've had with them.
                  Originally posted by andyn
                  Trick in most cases seems to be to get in early, and get out early. Pump and dump.
                  PC: - i5-3570k, Mushkin 64gb SSD, 8GB Vengeance, MSI Twin Frozr III 7850.
                  Laptop: - Asus N55SF, Core i7-2670QM, GT555M (2GB).

Comment

Well this is my first hardware failure and the thing is i cant hold Corsair responsible, one would have to blame Seasonic, not all Corsair products are made by seasonic but the high end stuff seem to be, so i could say screw you corsair and then buy a XFX like i was going to, but hold on, they made by Seasonic too, was also going to get the Nxzt gold rate PSU but guess what, Seasonic make them too, everyone at some point has a bad experience, this was mine, i am slighty put off, but finger crossed the second one will live up to the reviews, plus 7 years of warranty is dam good and i still have my trusted old OCZ as back up

Comment

Don't most peoples PSUs that go pop get a better one back from Corsair?

Comment

Originally posted by Terbinator View Post
                        Don't most peoples PSUs that go pop get a better one back from Corsair?
                        They have done if they have gone through the Corsair forum, plus free postage both ways, but i have sent mine back to Ebuyer, but yes had i gone thru the Corsair RMA service then i could well have got the 860i back, also worth noting, those that suffer with whining noise from your Corsair PSU, if you go to there forum and wait for the ramguy then he will make sure that when you get a replacement you wont get one back with the same problem, so it will be tested before it come back, have to say its worth a visit

Comment

Can't fault corsair customer services, sure stuff can fail even best premium brands, it's how company deals with it afterwards

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post
                            Can't fault corsair customer services, sure stuff can fail even best premium brands, it's how company deals with it afterwards
                            I have to agree with that, and got that cover for up to seven years too, well worth the extra imo

Comment

I've had two 1200w pc power and cooling units go on me and a couple enermax iver tge yesrs but I will admit the two AX1200's I've got have been nothing but fantastic.

Things are just luck of the draw and the amount that these companies produce its sad but a couple bad ones do slip through...

I'd still buy the Cosair psus as personally theyare fantastic. I just wish they'd make a bigger 1500w unit...

Comment

well i should get my replacement on tuesday, bigger? lol just get two

Comment

Working...
                                X